PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday, I traded the love of my life, my 2005 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic, in on a 2014 RZR 1000 XP in Black Pearl.
I haven't road my bike much at all since I retired last year due to a slipped vertebra in my lower back that riding aggravated
even though the HDUC just floats over the road.
Got it home late last night and only put 4 miles on it but DANG, HOLY CRAP this baby will scoot. :highly_amused: I use my 2011 Ranger XP EPS
for work around the farm and occasionally for play. The difference is like a 2 ton truck and a corvette.
I have 28 acres of mostly woods. I joins my Brother's property of woods and fields. Wife and and drove it thru to woods on old
logging roads over into my brothers fields. Let my wife drive it home. You should have seen the grin on her face. She's in
love. :love_heart: The Black Pearl paint and red and silver graphics match my black pearl 2010 F150 FX4.
Won't get to play much today. A large maple tree suddenly decided it would look better laying on the ground in my front yard
than it did standing in my yard where it's stood for at least 60 years, maybe more. It'd take 2 people to reach around it. Only
damage it did was to one of the wife's flower beds, bird bath and bird feeder station. Destroy them. If it'd fell the other way,
it would have cut the house in two.
Here's a couple pics of the NEW Love of my Life. :wink-new: Still on my trailer. Got a 1/2 windshield coming. Got the package of
Roof, front and rear bumpers and Rock skidders. Added to that a wide view mirror and the 1/2 windshield. They didn't
have the windshield in stock so they'll UPS it to me as soon as it comes in.
Dano

·
Registered
357 Posts
Nice machine. Thanks for your service to our country

·
Registered
28,607 Posts
Awesome ride!

·
6,910 Posts
SWEET RIDE !! Congrats !

·
Registered
100 Posts
Man me likey!

·
Registered
792 Posts
Thank you for your service to our country. Enjoy the new ride! Awesome machine.

·
Registered
22,346 Posts
Congrat's Dan! You and your wife need to come riding with us sometime. We wouldn't have to go far from your house to hit the trails in Goby and over into the back side of Windrock and North Cumberland. A friend that my wife works with in Wartburg just got their family a new Teryx4 and are itching to go exploring.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Congrat's Dan! You and your wife need to come riding with us sometime. We wouldn't have to go far from your house to hit the trails in Goby and over into the back side of Windrock and North Cumberland. A friend that my wife works with in Wartburg just got their family a new Teryx4 and are itching to go exploring.
Give some time to wear the new off of it Jerry. :wink-new: Was cleaning it up today and found one of the bolts for the Rock Sliders was missing. Uses an anchor type
bolt set up and must have busted it when they put it on. It was there yesterday and gone today. Called Brian and sent him a text with a pic. Told him they
could fix it when I bring it in for the first 25 hour service. They found a 1/2 windshield at one of their other shops so it went out in the mail to me today.
Should have it by Friday. Love the sound this thing makes. Has this deep growl that really gets your blood going.
Dano

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys for the comments. As for my Service, the way I was raised, it was just what
you did, if you know what I mean. Appreciate you thinking and taking the time to thank
me.
Dano

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Added doors to my RZR last week. I've decided to add Skid plates, finish the bumpers and upgrade the intake filter
system to K&N on the pre-filters and the main. That'll be done as money allows. :wink-new:
Dano

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Added the rest of the bumper pkg yesterday. Got it from Rockymountainatvmc. Same price as Polaris, but with free shipping.
Ordered on the 15th, received on the 19th. That's good service. Went on easy with a 13mm wrench and socket.
Here's a pic or two.
BTW, I love this thing. It's a so powerful it's scary (in a good way). :chuncky:
Dano

·
Registered
22,346 Posts
Lookin' good!:cool:

You ready to get that thing dirty yet? A few of us are going over to Pickett on Labor Day weekend if you wanna join us. Not sure if you've ever been over there, but there's some gorgeous scenery and overlooks. Better come see it before they shut the riding down over there (it's about to happen:().

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Lookin' good!:cool:

You ready to get that thing dirty yet? A few of us are going over to Pickett on Labor Day weekend if you wanna join us. Not sure if you've ever been over there, but there's some gorgeous scenery and overlooks. Better come see it before they shut the riding down over there (it's about to happen:().
Thanks Jerry but the wife has family coming in for Labor Day from Vegas and Kansas. I'll be busy. :apologetic:
Never been to Pickett. Shame they are closing it to riding. Wonder why. Oh, I've got it dirty a couple
times riding around here. :encouragement: Still working on the shock settings. Right now I'm running 5 from softest
on the front and 7 on the rear where the weight is at. Seems to work well but I'm still experimenting.
Dano

·
Registered
22,346 Posts
......Shame they are closing it to riding. Wonder why.......
Although the trailhead where we go in is on Picket State Forest land, most (more than 75%) of the trails are private property and on the KY side. A big timber company out of KY has bought most of the land and has started logging it heavily. A bunch of folks banded together and tried to negotiate keeping it open to riding, but those efforts have apparently failed. I'm afraid this might be the last time I get to ride there. I've heard that they're starting to post no trespassing signs and gates have been put up in a couple of places. Like so many other places I've ridden over the years, it appears this place is doomed to be closed to riding in the very near future.:(

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That's a dang shame but I can understand it. Probably has a lot to do with liability. This country has become
law suit crazy. Have a good time.
Dano

·
Registered
67 Posts
nice ride dan. i joined the black pearl club a month ago also. just when i had my rzrS where i wanted it. itook that ride in a 1000. i think rzr fever is as bad as HD fever...welcome home brother VN 67' 68' tet

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Thanks LENB. I just recently added the Factory UTV UHMW 1/2" skid plate and EMP hard coat full front
windshield and full rear cab shield. I'm ready for winter now. Love this RZR!
Welcome home to you too.
Dano

1 - 18 of 18 Posts