PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed the front wheels were not pulling a while back. Power to the front diff was good from the dash switch. After getting the ranger up on jacks I could hold the front driver's side wheel and keep it from spinning. Pulled the axles and drivers side splines are worn pretty good and slipping inside the diff. Passenger side isn't too bad but I plan on replacing both along with wheel bearings and bushings while I am at it. My concern is the hubs inside the diff (not sure if that is the correct term) are also worn from the play in the driver's side axel. I plan on pulling the front diff to take a closer look. Can it be rebuilt or would it be cheaper to replace the whole thing?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So I pulled the diff. Everything looked good inside except for the splines in the hub. I replaced the hub along with new seals. We replaced the axels, bearings, and bushings for the front suspension while we were at it. Got it all put back together late last night. While in turf mode the front wheels would occasionally bind up and act like it was in AWD but turning at a different speed. I put it back in the garage and plan on taking a closer look today. Any ideas? Possible fluid overfill maybe? The sprague looked fine when I was in there. I never removed it from the ring gear.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts