PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am starting to have a lot of play and vibration coming from the front yoke on my prop shaft. It wobbles a lot when moving it by hand. The options I looked at are replacing U-joints and front yoke, or replacing the whole thing with something like the All Balls prop shaft.

I am leaning on replacing the whole thing will the All Balls which also has grease fitting on the front yoke.

I am getting mixed results trying to find the right part for the 570 Mid. All my searches are finding 570 FS and RZR.
I found the OEM part but I’m not sure about the All Balls part number.
Does anyone know the correct part number for the 2015 570 Midsize?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The prop shaft for the 2015 and 2016 570 midsize is the same so I assume the part #PRP-PO-09-010 is probably the one I need. The fit for this part also lists RZR’s and XP 900 too. Can the prop shaft be the same for all of these? I’ll have to make some calls to verify.

·
Registered
754 Posts
The prop shaft for the 2015 and 2016 570 midsize is the same so I assume the part #PRP-PO-09-010 is probably the one I need. The fit for this part also lists RZR’s and XP 900 too. Can the prop shaft be the same for all of these? I’ll have to make some calls to verify.

PM. toxic-21, he'll set you up.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Decided to go with AB U-joints and SuperATV replacement yokes.

Both yokes and U-joints need replacement and cheaper just to replace with better parts.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Making progress, I received my SuperATV yokes and AB U joints.

Roll pin came out with about 10 wacks with this roll pin punch..

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Planning to pull the prop shaft out this weekend.. looks like the best shot is pulling the primary clutch off and taking it out the rear.. the front option would require taking the whole front end apart, removing the front diff and all.

Hoping it will come out the back but I need to get the clutch removal tool first.

Any removal suggestions for this 570 midsize?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
The prop shaft came out the back fine.. remove rear wheel, clutch cover, pull primary clutch.. once the pin is out slide it forward and off the rear splines and pull it out. The hardest part was pounding out the old u joints from the shaft, took about 30 minutes.

Installing the shaft with the new u joints and yokes turned out to be more effort than I expected. Once assembled the prop shaft was about a 1/4 inch longer and I could not get the front yoke on the front diff until I loosened the front diff bolts about 3/4 of the way and used a pry bar to get a enough clearance to get the yoke on the splines. All the splines were in good condition but I put some Permatex on the front diff splines to prevent any chatter.

Runs very smooth now, no play at all anymore.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts