PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I busted the second front case on my 900 while in deep sticky mud.This latest differential was out of a 2016. I haven't taken it apart but i see its trying to spit the pinion out. Last time the ring and pinion both had broken teeth. Maybe bearing failure allowing the ring and pinion to separate? Regardless, i need another one. Is the Brutus still the best direct replacement? Should i get a billet case? I ride mostly muddy trails. Running only 30" Cryptids. No engine or clutch mods.

·
Registered
356 Posts
If you are doing proper maintenance it sounds like your setup and or riding style is exceeding the design of stock 900 front diff. There for you might need to upgrade to 1000 RZR diff are kits weld in and bolt in or a billet unit.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you are doing proper maintenance it sounds like your setup and or riding style is exceeding the design of stock 900 front diff. There for you might need to upgrade to 1000 RZR diff are kits weld in and bolt in or a billet unit.
i didnt know a bolt in one is available. Do you know where i can get one?

·
Registered
356 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
Easiest way not to break a front differential is to take it out of 4wd if you are going to attempt to reverse out of thick mud. I have busted countless front differentials and currently running a billet differential. Due to the tooth design, when in reverse the gears act like a mechanical wedge. It will either: break the case, crack teeth off, push the pinion out, destroy the pinion bearings or wallow out the pinion support. I have never broken a front differential in a forward gear.

Here is a link to some of the latest carnage on my Instagram

https://www.instagram.com/p/BuUc2NDHjto/?utm_source=ig_web_options_share_sheet
https://www.instagram.com/p/BuUc2NDHjto/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

1 - 7 of 7 Posts