PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How often do you guys change your belts and do you go oem or an aftermarket.
I just removed and cleaned both cleaned my clutches Then I washed my belt with dawn and let it dry and reinstalled everything which BTW looked great with 2200 miles on the unit.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
In my experiene belt life is dependent upon a few things, like how hard do you drive the machine, do you run at high speed alot, do you climb while in turf or 2 wheel mode when you would be better off in 4x4 mode, do you do a lot of jack rabbit starts or run hard with a cold machine and belt. If you use common sense while running the UTV the belt may last you for 10,000 or 20,000 miles but if you drive like I do, opps!

·
Registered
265 Posts
Bought Machine in 2013 , plowed every winter from 2013 to now 2019 and still on original belt been a tough couple of years with lots of snow and at times wet
I am thinking of changing it just because
I can smell rubber burning on a real heavy snow push but it still grabs good

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Gates G Force C12 21C4140

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Check out Hunterworks. They sell belts, as well as other cool stuff, and they are a forum sponsor.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I change my belts every 2500 miles even if they look good. I had one blow out riding with 2700 miles on it. I had just checked the belt and it look good. Talked to the dealer service mechanic and he recommend change every 2500 miles, especially if you ride in a lot of dust. Trust me it is easier to change them at home over having to change it out on the trail.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have always made it a habit to carry spare belts and always OEM. So many factors go into belt life but it's better to have them with you and not need them than to need them and not have them. It's the same reason we carry tools and tire patch/plug kits.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My belt is good but id like to have a spare just in case . They are 230.00 cdn where I live.

·
Registered
652 Posts
My belt is good but id like to have a spare just in case . They are 230.00 cdn where I live.
You pay way more than we do farther south for everything. Have some Canadian friends that pack their camper with booze and clamato juice to bring home saying its half price, well until they get caught not paying all the taxes.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
What year and machine do you have ?

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Todd do you carry a belt to replace the Polaris # 3211148 ???

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
What year and machine do you have ?
I have a 2015 polaris ranger 900 xp with eps.

Just realized you are in maine.I have friends in raymond and im in maine once a month usually.
Di you happen to see the guy on Craigslist cutting or making and selling the new glass windshields for the rangers.I never got his number and now the add is gone.I think it was a glass company.

·
Registered
95 Posts
So this may be more a question for Todd, I have a new Ranger with around 50 miles on it. I’m going to be way in the backcountry on a trip in a few weeks and am thinking of buying a Hunterworks belt to have as a spare for now and a replacement eventually (same belt). Assuming the belt is kept clean and out of the sun (UV rays) will a spare belt last pretty much indefinitely?

·
Registered
652 Posts
Belts probably have less decay than tires. Road and track has a article worth reading on tires "how to make your tires last ten years" Rubber is affected by ozone in the air as well as the UV. Maybe packing in a vacuum sealed bag for optimum life? But really if the belt isn't used in ten years I wouldnt care as it would mean I didnt need it.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts