PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
I have a 2015 polaris ranger 900 xp with eps.

Just realized you are in maine.I have friends in raymond and im in maine once a month usually.
Di you happen to see the guy on Craigslist cutting or making and selling the new glass windshields for the rangers.I never got his number and now the add is gone.I think it was a glass company.
Yes I'm maybe an hour from Raymond. Are you from Quebec ? or New Brunswick Ah ?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I change my belts every 2500 miles even if they look good. I had one blow out riding with 2700 miles on it. I had just checked the belt and it look good. Talked to the dealer service mechanic and he recommend change every 2500 miles, especially if you ride in a lot of dust. Trust me it is easier to change them at home over having to change it out on the trail.
When you change your belts send the old ones to me I will use them! 2500 miles ain't nothing!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hello Joe from Tucson, I lived in Peoria from 1991 to 2007. Did a lot of riding in the deserts and the mountains. I rode with a crew we called our selves the Usual suspects. We did many rides up the Bradshaws up to the Crown King, always a hoot up in that party town. I am sure you have been there, if not you must check it out. We did every trail that leads up the mountain and probley more LOL.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Thanks guys, even the ones that decided a have a conversation in my thread and not use pm's...lol...I decided to get the gates as a spare and i'll look for a deal on an oem fo later on.

·
Registered
548 Posts
I have found the stock belt to be superior to the Gates in use, for me it made my Ranger a little harder to shift gears. It is either a tiny bit too wide or smaller diameter for my application. It is now my spare. Stock belts shift fine. I am running a DDP clutch kit with EBS secondary and 1 shim in the secondary. You may be fine with a Gates.

Currently I am running the Hunterworks Thick belt. I have 80 miles on it and will be writing my review as soon as I get to 200. As of now I'm am super happy with it. Shifts as good as a stock Polaris belt and very smooth engagement. I am also running the Blowhole clutch fan.

We did a lot of slow technical driving this past weekend and I never smelled any rubber, usually I will a little bit. I was not trying to burn the belt but I was paying close attention as I was testing the new belt. After the first 25 miles we opened it up a little and still, not a whiff of rubber.

As of NOW, while still in preliminary testing, I'm sold on the Hunterworks Belt, with stock as my second choice.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Thanks guys, even the ones that decided a have a conversation in my thread and not use pm's...lol...I decided to get the gates as a spare and i'll look for a deal on an oem fo later on.
'A conversation in my thread'...Hey I don't get out much. I work. This forum is my social club when I want to forget whats going on in the world and just enjoy 30 minutes.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts