PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone found the wires for the reverse beaper on the 2015 midsize? I've looked an researched and dont see any wires where the photos online show the wires on the older models. Trying to wire up some reverse lights that are only on when in reverse. I dont want them hooked up on a switch. I've tested everywhere visible wire I've seen from the bed back for 12v when only in reverse with no luck.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same issue. I called the dealer and ordered a wire harness for the reverse beeper. That should give you the wires needed. I think they said it would cost $21.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea i have had the part number for the harness for two weeks. But I'm not even going to think about ordering a harness because no one knows where to plug/splice into........

·
Premium Member
6,359 Posts
Not sure, but I think you will need the harness. I assume (yeah, I know...) it will come with instructions.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If there are wires running to the harness I can just splice in. Im not so much worried about the harness as I am about where it goes. The dealer is clueless where it is on the 2015 Rangers. I'm starting to think the harness has to be somewhere up front. Ive literally taken the bed, plastics, and back wheels off to thoroughly search from the seat back for this thing. It is hiding well.

·
Premium Member
6,359 Posts
I know that this is an older thread but did anyone figure this out?
On some models, you have to order a special harness from Polaris that plugs into the ECU.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I looked into the back up alarm and light option about a year ago and found that they deleted the wiring on the mid size '16. I would have to buy the alarm kit which includes the pins that go into the ECM harness for about $75. If memory serves... the kit comes with instructions and all needed parts. I asked the dealer to sell me just the pins, so I could make my own harness. They wouldn't do it, stating the pins are not available. I ended up just wiring in an LED, relay and rocker switch. Works fine for me, and sometimes I don't want the light to come on in reverse. Can also use it as a work light without actually being in reverse.

·
Registered
119 Posts
This is how I did mine too. Didn't want them coming on while sneaking out of my hunting area after dark. More versatile this way I think.

Reactions: fswan
1 - 11 of 11 Posts