PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 Ranger 570 and the Polaris manual.
In the manual for the rear gear case / transmission they show 41 oz of fluid.
I have perfectly leveled the machine, drained the fluid after warming and let it sit for two days. I have never been able to get 41oz of fluid into it. I fill it till it runs out the rear plug. start it up put it in forward and reverse for about 5 mins each and let the tires spin. check the fluid and it is still full.

Has anyone else run into this?

Thanks for the insight!

·
Registered
749 Posts
How much do you get in? 38 oz?

I noticed when they (dealer) changed trans fluid on my RZR they did not use as much as the manual said it took either. Manuals says 40.5 oz (w/Turf Mode) but they only put in 38 oz (1 qt + 6 oz). I just went and looked at the qt bottle of lube in the shop and there are only 26 oz remaining in it.

PS - I supplied the lubes and filter and they just changed it for me.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I just did my 900 and let it drain about 20 minutes. I barely got a quart in mine and that's only because I squeezed it in there and close the fill plug really quick. I was going to post but didn't think to much of it because I got the same amount drained from it as I put back in it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
749 Posts
That brings up a good point, with small engines its a good idea to save what you drain out for comparison as its often hard to find the capacity or the info is inaccurate/outdated due to changes by the oem etc.

Many times the manuals are carry overs from the prior years and the OEM may have changed a component that reduces the volume of G Lube. I have seen official Polaris lube charts that have erroneous capacity info.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is a very good idea on saving the drained fluid. I'm going to do this next change. I was just thinking I missed something. Mine has turf mode also. Didn't know that this would effect the amount. it is probably a hold over as Z71 mentioned above.
I'm glad I'm not the only one that noticed this.
PS I wished they put in a cooler for this fluid. I put in an external engine oil cooler and filter on the engine, but this transmission must get real hot because the low amount of fluid when you pull heavy things like disk harrows and firewood trailers.

Thanks Guys for you responses.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I use what z71 uses. Not because I think it's a better fluid but at 11 dollars a qt it's a little cheaper than the polaris stuff. And to top it off don't have to visit the crook dealer in my area.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts