PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My ranger starts then runs for 2 seconds then stalls, sometimes it starts back up, often I have to crank for all long time. I can actually smell gas from the exhaust, it will eventually start..I have had it a two different dealers for a total of ten weeks. The last dealer put in a new fuel pump with no success, lucky Polaris covered it under warranty. Sounds to me it is a electrical problem not fuel delivery. I need some help here, it has been doing this after about a week after I bought it new..any ideas?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just had much the same issue on my 2015 Ranger. Turned out to be a weak battery. Check all your connections, and have your battery load tested. (free at most auto parts dealers) My battery showed a full charge but when you put a load on it, it failed. Original Polaris batteries aren't much. I plan on switching to an Optima 1200 in the near future. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the advice, it seems to have plenty of battery though, I can crank the crap out of it, it just won't fire. But it doesn't do it all the time..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts