PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I just purchased a 2015 Ranger 900 Camo Crew after selling my 2008 Ranger 700 Crew. My game hoist that I had made for the 2008 Crew served it's purpose perfectly. I can't tell you the number of times I was out hunting and would harvest a deer or hog and was able to load the animal by myself or I would get a call from another member to help him load his game, any way this is the set up on my 2008 Crew.

Swing out game hoist 2008 version:

Crew 3.jpg
Crew 4.jpg
08 Ranger Crew Rear.jpg

Game Hoist Hog.jpg

2015 Version Game Hoist 2.0, I made some modifications to the new hoist by lengthening the arm to where it is now past the lowered tail gate and am now using a strap instead of wire rope. The hoist will not interfere with installing a rear glass or side doors if I so desire.

IMG_1365.JPG
IMG_1368.JPG

Works as planned as I help one of our members load his buck he shot last weekend.
IMG_1360.JPG

When not in use it locks against the roof.
IMG_1362.JPG

Attachments

·
Registered
762 Posts
VERY nice. That could be marketed if you went into production.

·
Premium Member
6,359 Posts
You nailed it! Great design!!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Nice Build!!!!!

·
Registered
762 Posts
Wow, looks like an adventure in itself... way cool. Then you throw in that 2 stroke boat motor exhaust smell,,, over the top for me. ( :

·
Registered
217 Posts
Wow...I love that design. I have a truck bed hoist I was using on my previous buggy. I have been thinking about how to improve for the Ranger. You have solved that issue...now all I need is someone to do the alterations and welding. I hate asking for help loading a deer since it usually ruins someone else's hunt. Thanks for posting the pics!

·
Registered
616 Posts
Great bunch of pictures! Guess you've got to get to em anyway you can.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wow, I never designed it to lift a moose, we don't get to many moose (meese?) in Texas, LOL. Might want to design some kind of tripod that would fit to the top of the roof roll bars to give you the height that you would need, and would be easily removable with clevis pins. It would still swivel and yet not be in the way when not in use.

Sam

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Several people have asked me how far the swing arm extends past the tail gate, here is a picture showing how far. It's about 14"

image.jpg

Hope this helps

Sam

1 - 16 of 16 Posts