PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a used 2015 900 xp. I want to install a backup light, but I hunt a lot and don't want it to come on when backing due to lighting up the whole mountainside prior to going out to hunt (if I happen to go in reverse). Looking for recommendations for a preferred led light as well as wiring suggestions. Seems like mount the light, ground it, power from battery with inline fuse to switch and good to go. Relay not necessary in this arrangement? Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Take a look at this recent thread:
reverse lights
With one or two LED lights no relay should be needed due to low current draw. Use of Halogen or high current draw lights may require one. The lights I used as described in the link above didn't require a relay.
If not watning to light up a large area but still desiring some light for backing, you might consider indirect lighting, i.e. pointing a single light toward the ground under the bed of the Ranger so that only reflected light would illuminate a small area behind you.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Yup! What he said lol! I just used some simple LED cube lights from Tractor Supply to a switch just like you said😁.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool thanks. I bought very similar lights (one's posted were no longer available) 2, 48w led's. Curious what size inline fuse would be sufficient IYO. I believe the amps are 3.1 each. Sorry not an electrician :/

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Heee are the specifics of the leds I bought:
LED Power: 48W
Operating Voltage: 10-30V DC
Waterproof rate: IP 67
16pcs*3w high intensity Epsitar LEDs
Current draw [email protected],1.9A @24v

·
Registered
198 Posts
A 7-1/2 amp fuse would work well. I wouldn’t install more than a 10 amp fuse. If you go higher than that...wires may melt before fuse blows. I always add up total amperage on the circuit, then I use a fuse just a little bit higher😁.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Sorry...I read post as 3.1 amps each. You are correct with the 10 amp then

1 - 8 of 8 Posts