PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys,
4 months ago I purchased my 2015 ranger xp 900 eps. Due to local laws I was had to go get insurance, I decided collision and liability were a safe bet. It took about 3 weeks for me to find anyone to insure this machine because it was so new that the vin # wasn't in any data bases. Anyways I got stopped by our local environmental police officer , after showing him my insurance card , he pointed out that it says "2015 rzr 900". I had not noticed it before this incident. He was kind enough to let me go after I said I would speak to my insurance company right away... So I went to my insurance company and showed them that they had my machine listed as a rzr , not a ranger and I was curious as to weather or not my insurance cost was higher because they have it listed as a sport model , oppose to a utility model. No one there could answer it. They cannot find ranger anywheres under the models listed, so I questioned what would happen if the machine was totaled, once again , no direct answer.they told me I shouldn't use the machine until this is cleared up. This is a national insurance firm also.i would rather not disclose the name of the insurer. Has anyone had any issues insuring their 2015 rangers? Any recomendations? I have paid for the year insurance up front, however they said that they would refund 11 months of it( which I thought was b.s. since they had me insured for something I don't own)

·
Registered
152 Posts
I use StateFarm as the do all of my stuff (farm/ranch policy, cars, tractor, etc...), and they had no problems setting up a policy for my 2015 900 Crew. I had a 2014 RZR 1000 XP4 with them before this one, and they had no problems with it. I will say that the Ranger & RZR were almost the same annual amount (within 10 dollars--I belive). I think that they rate these things for what they cost to replace more than what speed they travel--I don't know that--just guessing.

·
Registered
376 Posts
If the VIN is listed correctly, the model listing mistake should not prevent a claim.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I use StateFarm as the do all of my stuff (farm/ranch policy, cars, tractor, etc...), and they had no problems setting up a policy for my 2015 900 Crew. I had a 2014 RZR 1000 XP4 with them before this one, and they had no problems with it. I will say that the Ranger & RZR were almost the same annual amount (within 10 dollars--I belive). I think that they rate these things for what they cost to replace more than what speed they travel--I don't know that--just guessing.
i use state farm for all my personal insurance needs including home, 6 cars and motorcycles etc, ,i got my 2015 900xp at xmas, my state farm agent said today its not a utility vehicle nor an atv and classified it as a dune buggy. full coverage was going to to cost me $810. a year. i thought that was pretty high as my 850 sportman is $320 a year. would you share your price on full coverage?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow that's way high, for my 2015 ranger 900 and my 2006 arcticcat atv I paid 214$ for the year, full coverage on the xp 900, just liability on the cat atv. I think the xp 900 was right around $180 with a $200 deductible . It's under recreational insurance, if that means anything....

·
Registered
181 Posts
I use Progressive because of the second vehicle discount, the second vehicle on the policy (a Motorcycle) almost is insured at no extra cost. I have State Farm on everything I own, but my bikes and UTV, their cost was just too high, but each state sets their own insurance rules. I've always found Progressive and Dairyland to be the best priced here in Texas for insuring these type of vehicles so you need to do your homework.

John

·
Registered
42 Posts
I am also using State Farm. I bought my 570 FS on 5 December and Got the insurance switched from my 09 XP the next morning after I bought it. No problem with the VIN being brand new.
I just got the File out.
Year: 2015
Make: Polaris
Model: 567 CC
Body Style: Dunebuggy
Vehicle ID Number: XXXXXXX
Class: 1AHG000000

Full Coverage runs $39.53 a month.
I had no idea it was listed as a Dunebuggy on the insurance till now. Interesting :)

Like one poster above I have our House Insurance, 2 each 3/4 Ton 4x4 Dodge trucks, and multiple Trailers, and our old 04 TraxterMax 4 wheeler insured with them. AND no Insurance Claims or Tickets forever. I probably get as low a rate as anyone gets.

Bob

·
Registered
271 Posts
State Farm for me as well. House,cars, trailer, ATV and Ranger. Bought the Ranger in October, just came off the truck. Had full coverage the next morning. 24 bucks a month for a 15 570 midsize.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
I use smith a Wesson cost about 0 per year unless they try then cost about 50 cents lol T&S

·
Registered
762 Posts
I use American Modern Ins Group, a part of American Family Ins. My basic full coverage is $142.00 for a year.

Coverage has PL, PD, Comp, Collision, Accessories, Trailer, Safety Gear, Un-insured and Under-insured, Bod-Inj, and Medical. Deductables are $250 on trailer and $1k on Comp and Collision.

I use an insurance broker for all of my belongings, home, car truck, etc. This is the only item I insure with American Modern, everything else goes through Wolverine (great company btw).

**As I received my policy and read through it, I noticed it comes up as a 2011 Polaris Ranger XP, not an HD. I called them on this and they said it is strictly by the VIN. I then asked my Broker. In the event of a claim, what will the difference be? He said there would not be a difference, and my proof of machine is listed in my bill of sale - when I bought it, and pictures showing I do own and HD, not the XP model.

I hope I never need to get more clarification than that.:encouragement:

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have everything with State Farm except my Ranger. They wanted $600 for a 6 month policy. That was more than my 2015 Platinum F250. I ended up going to progressive for $400 for the year for the exact same coverage.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I originally had mine insured through State Farm. I recently priced them against Farm Bureau and found out State Farm had it listed as a dune buggy like the previous posters. Switched over to Farm Bureau and am paying less than $300 per year for the same full coverage I have on my Jeep and Tahoe.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.