PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The newer Rangers have a stud size of 12mm x 1.50.

The older ones were made for studs that were 3/8-24.

I bought a new ranger with steel wheels thinking that I would install my nice aluminum wheels later only to find they won't fit.

Does anyone make an adapter or spacer that converts FROM 12mmx1.5 TO 3/8-24 ??

Thank you for any guidance you can provide!!

·
Super Moderator
6,888 Posts
What unit do you currently have?

Please put this information in your signature, this way you will get specific answers to you questions.

·
Super Moderator
6,888 Posts
Looking at your avatar I'm guessing you are using wheels from a 2006-2008.
Your lug nut information is correct.

Your 900 is lug centric as opposed to hub centric, like your other ranger. The bolt pattern is the same 4 x 156.
As far as adapters go, I am not aware of any ( but that is not a strong area for me), hopefully someone with more experience on adapters will chime in.

On your old wheels ( just for reference) you can have them machined to fit, if you really want them on the new Ranger.
You will need to bore out the stud holes and probably the lug nut recess holes as well as the hub bore on the inside of the wheel.
This will require some measuring, but can be done. This will not be cheap.

Check with your dealer, you may get a nice set of OEM take offs for a decent price.

Or purchase some new wheels.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ok - thanks for the info!
just went through this, 06 Polaris alum wheels on my 15 ranger, simple way is drill out the wheels to 1.2 mm. lugs can be bought from dennis kirk, I matched up the lugs from a 15 ranger with alum wheels, and they will work, but near $5. each from poo , $18. a set from aftermarket. now after all this, I ended up buying new wheels cause I wanted 14" wheels. I still have the lug nuts,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts