PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a new battery, optima is 230$, can anyone suggest a good replacement that won't be as high? Couldn't find a recent discussion on this, thanks.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Many on the forum kike the Odessey batteries. About a $100 less.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
I bought the Odyssey for my ranger even though it was more expensive than the battery in my on road vehicles. It seems that batteries are one of the main weak points of Rangers and the charging systems don't like batteries that are internally shorted or weak. From what I read before purchasing the Odyssey batteries seem to far outlast ordinary batteries as well. I am a firm believer in the buy once-cry once, buy twice-cry twice axiom, and I don't need any extra expense to fix the charging system. Most times you get what you pay for.

I don't know where you shopped but I got mine here: https://www.batterymart.com/

Free shipping, fast delivery and the best price I could find.

Reactions: Stroke250

·
Registered
373 Posts
2013 900xp, plow with it every year and still on the same battery.
I do not put it on a maintainer but I do park it in a 65F* garage in the winter months.
Yea it may crap out ,but when it does I will purchase off the shelf Interstate Blem. ( warehouse not to far from me) much less money

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
I think a lot of the auto parts stores have battery's with three year warranties for less then $100. bucks. And I'm sure they could find a compact car battery in the right size to fit. If someone wanted to play the warranty game every year or two I'm sure they could.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I just converted mine over to a car battery that has more CCA than the factory battery. Was not to bad at all . There is always a Walmart anywhere you go so I just put a Walmart battery on mine for 89.00 . I had to cut the edge/lip off one side of battery tray to allow battery to sit flush .I used 2 rubber pieces under battery clamp on top to hold battery tight . This battery was a little shorter than the polaris .Battery is solid I can’t budge it .Hopefully this will help someone trying this I searched for days and battery dimensions before I found the right combination .

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts