PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a new 570 full size. I didn't relies for about a week that it had 21 hours and around 25 miles on it when I picked it up. How many hours/miles is typical on a new UTV?
Thanks in advance
LTK

·
Registered
28,607 Posts
That's a lot of hours on a new machine. With those miles its been idling a lot.

·
Registered
22,346 Posts
.....How many hours/miles is typical on a new UTV?
Thanks in advance
LTK
A new machine would have zero hours and miles when they uncrate it. It has probably been demo'd and driven around their dealership. And the numbers of miles don't add up to the number of hours, so as Curt mentioned, it has done a lot of idling.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I bought my Ranger used, so I can't say on it, but when I bought my Rincon, they took it out of the crate while I was filling out all of the paperwork.

·
Registered
130 Posts
My '15 900 had less than an hour when I bought it, as well as my '14 800 that I had. They assembled it from the crate, added gas and lube and ran it long enough to ensure that it was mechanically sound. Sounds like you may have a demo unit

·
Registered
619 Posts
Mine had .2 miles and less than a half hour of run time if I remember correctly. I assumed this was from the set up and dealer check over they did pre-delivery. As has been said, that is a lot of idle time and at 21 hours you are almost due for your first/ break in oil change!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Mine only had 4.5 on it when I bought it. 1.5 of that was my test drive.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Could possibly be service hours. Mine was set at 25 and I think they count down. I've been up and on the go for the last 26 hours so my thinking is getting blurred.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Could possibly be service hours. Mine was set at 25 and I think they count down.
Boozer might have the answer. I think there will be a little wrench in the display if it is service hours.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Agreed.... push the button on the display and make sure you toggle through all of the screens. Mine also has the count-down hours to service. The numbers you quoted are way out of line for a new machine. Mine only had .5 hours and 12 miles on it - Some of that was my test drive as well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts