PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2016 velocity blue ranger 900 Xp and love it except the top speed! Thinking of trying to swap computers with a regular Xp. Has anyone tried this with the 2016s and do you have to get a 16 or will any year 900 work? Thanks

·
Registered
621 Posts
You'd be better off looking into an RVS setup. Reflash your own computer and clutch it for more speed thru him

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm just looking to get it up to 60 mph, I'm not really wanting to drop a lot money and I'm not much of a Mechanic. Really want just want to get between farms a little faster. Thanks for replying

·
Registered
363 Posts
Re-flash and clutch work is the only thing that will raise top speed.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have a 16 900xp and it hit every bit of 60 before I put bigger tires on it.

Where is yours topping out?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They limit the crews to 50 mph I was just hoping to be able to switch the ecu with one from a regular ranger. Saw some people were doing it with 14 and 15.

·
Registered
86 Posts
They limit the crews to 50 mph I was just hoping to be able to switch the ecu with one from a regular ranger. Saw some people were doing it with 14 and 15.
Ahhh gotcha. Makes more sense now. I have read good things about the RVS tune and I'm thinking about doing it myself.

·
Premium Member
1,232 Posts
Tune that SOB!

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have the exact same machine velocity blue 900 crew 2016 and I was pissed to find out it was 2 mile per hour slower than my 570 crew I sold
It had 3 miles on it when I sent the ECU out to RVs for tuning. I have only put a couple miles on it in the last 2 months because it's mainly used at our camp property but I can tell you just a short blasts down the road it's a pretty substantial difference in power not to mention it didn't take much effort at all to go 65 miles per hour

1 - 11 of 11 Posts