PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

2016 Ranger 570 EFI mid overheating issue

20K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Rangerwhit 
#1 ·
Good morning

I have a 2016 Ranger 570 EFI mid size. Im having an issue with it overheating. As soon as you turn it on, just sitting there idling the temp rises and continues to rise. The fan does kick on at 205, but doesn't cool at all. I had read about bleeding the cooling system, so tried it via the bleed screw on the thermostat but cant seem to get it completely bleed. It will push some antifreeze out, but wont push out all of the air. Its more of a bubbly flow and then just turns into steam. When it overheats it just continues to push out steam. It will just not cool down. The temp, even though the fan is on it will run all the way up to 240 and then Ill turn it off. It will cool down a little when its off, then Ill fire it back up and same thing.

Im thinking the thermostat, any other ideas? Im at a loss here. Im trying to sell it so I really want to get this fixed.

#2 ·
"The fan does kick on at 205, but doesn't cool at all." So, I would remove the cap and then start her up and see what is NOT happening. Sounds like you are not circulating so after verifying the obvious, I would pull the thermostat out and check it by dropping a cold stat into very hot water. If that is good, it is time to check the impellar.

#3 ·
Thanks for the reply Jungleman! With the radiator full can you give me an idea of what I should keep on eye out for when I fire it up? I assume I should get a steady pressure of it pushing fluid out with out the cap on. Is that correct? Also, should I jack the front end up at all when I do it or leave it sitting level?

#6 ·
The water is drawn from the radiator to the water pump thru the bottom hose. The water circulates thru the engine (after the thermostat opens) and returns to the radiator thru the top hose. So after the thermostat opens and hot water flows back to the radiator, the top hose will get hot. Eventually after the water is circulated thru the radiator, the bottom hose "should" be warm up.
The bottom hose "should" always be cooler than the top hose if the radiator is doing its job.

#5 ·
"With the radiator full can you give me an idea of what I should keep on eye out for when I fire it up?" Cap off...............if the stat is opening when the engine comes up to temp, you should take your flashlight and look down the 'cap hole' and see the coolant circulating.

If you are still purging air ........................get the front end as high as you can . CAP OFF AND PURGE SCREW OPEN......keep the radiator full and carefully squeeze the radiator hoses . This is a two man job..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.