PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just recently purchased a 2016 Ranger 570 Midsize after a quick run through the mud and a few water holes I realized that there are no mud guards. The engine compartment, the under seat area, gas tank were all full of mud and debris. I went to my local Menards flooring department and purchased some rubber mat off the roll. Then over to the screws and bolts section and picked up some self tapping stainless steel screws and washers. I measured the area I wanted to cover and cut out the rubber with a pair of heavy scissors. Here are some pics of the passenger side rear. I will post the rest when I get done.

Have anyone else fabricated your own mud guards and if so could you share photos, designs and feedback on if they have helped?

Thank you,

20160403_160918.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,397 Posts
Hello, welcome to the forum. Looks great! Many have made their own guards using anything from diamond plate to truck mud flaps. I went the truck mud flap route myself, with self tapping screws and zip ties. Less than $10 for both.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,397 Posts
I also made some front guards using some thin sheet metal and added fender flares to them with some 4" rubber floor molding.

Attachments

·
Registered
585 Posts
Yes mudguards are pretty much the first mod ever midsize owner has to do. I've had mine for 2 years and no problems. Makes cleaning so much easier and prevents damage to wires and other components in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
71 Posts
definitely a good idea...I fabricated mine also for the back and front, contains flying mud, gravel, etc in the wheel wells. ... still scratch my head when you have to do this to a brand new machine to correct Polaris oversight.. I understand there has to be some air flow to prevent overheating problems from occurring but their design team needs to wakeup and correct this problem... at least offer an accessory mud skirt kit to bolt on

Reactions: PalaceRat
1 - 5 of 5 Posts