PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I am trying to get my Ranger to turn over but spark plug seems to keep getting flooded to the point where there is no combustion and wont start the engine. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

·
Administrator
7,328 Posts
MPL..........??? WHAT YEAR>>>>>>>>>>>ENGINE>>>>>>>>>>>ETC ???

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2016 Ranger Crew 570-6. Dual Overhead cam, 4 valve 4 stroke single cylinder. Just replaced spark plugs as well as battery. However, I do believe the new battery is 400 CCA vs the 575 CCA i removed from it.

·
Administrator
7,328 Posts
Miles/hours ?............you can do it..

·
Administrator
7,328 Posts
Last valve lash check & set ?

·
Administrator
7,328 Posts
"could it be holes in the valves? "...........

Not likely but the HOLES the valves cover may not be being .........uncovered.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So I just had a friend go clean out the filter, start it up and he said it is running but making a very loud squealing sound. He said it sounds like it is coming from the bottom part of the engine. This thing is killing me!

·
Administrator
7,328 Posts
Soooooooo, the air filter was caked with dirt ?

·
Administrator
7,328 Posts
I have never heard a rod or crank bearing squeal but a clutch/belt will . I would be pulling the clutch cover . I don't think that is your 'no start' problem. You may have dusted the engine with a faulty air box.. That calls for a leak down test. if it runs and starts now.....I sure would be mighty interested in seeing that drive belt.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey all,

I am trying to get my Ranger to turn over but spark plug seems to keep getting flooded to the point where there is no combustion and wont start the engine. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Howdy,
if you start and shut off the engine without giving it time to “warm up” you will foul the plug. Happened to me hauling and spliting wood...........no problem now.

·
Administrator
7,328 Posts
NGK IRIDIUM ....not just another spark plug.

Reactions: wwg1wga
1 - 15 of 15 Posts