PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
3000 miles, recently started a metallic clicking in reverse and is rotationally related. The faster I reverse the more I hear it. Very obvious.

Question...is my reverse chain about to let go and cost me a lot of money? What if anything can I do about it. What else might it be? If this is gonna be a costly repair or potentially I’m gonna trade this thing in. I live way out in the boonies and atv mechanics are several hours away.

Thx in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Could also be wheel bearings or cv's. Put it up on jack stands and try to isolate the noise. Just because it's happening in reverse doesn't necessarily point to the chain.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It’s not the bearings cause I keep them greased, it’s def coming from the rearend. Only happens in reverse.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
So jack stands are out of the question? There's a lot going on back there besides a reverse chain. Jungle Man has Crystal Balls. Maybe he would know?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I’ll def start there and see what shakes out. I won’t be home for a few weeks, just trying to gather up some intel and get some ideas...thank you for your response.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts