PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, just ran into this issue yesterday with the ranger. Trying to take a bunch of feed to the barn I threw a code and went to reduced power. Looking at it today I had a busted outer CV on a front shaft. Swapped that out and then went on a test drive still with a few hundred pounds of feed in the bed. I was testing the 4x4 just be sure and everything seems to be working and all 4 corners seem to pull in 4 as they should. But when going down the driveway and letting off the throttle I hear some good clanking from the rear. I still am going back and forth with the SEL light coming on and then off and the code every time is the same. 65592 is the only code. I have not pulled the clutch cover yet to inspect the belt but I am really hoping that it is just the belt slipping. Thinking the noise I heard going down hill when I let off was the belt slipping again due to engine breaking? Only reason I have not pulled the cover yet is just lack of time. Might be able to get it pulled later tonight to inspect. Anyone know something else to check as well?

TIA,
g.schucks

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
For anyone wondering, it was the belt!

g.schucks

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts