PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So....bought a 2017 diesel...crew. Put a full cab on her (armor tech), windshield, rear window...etc. Now, finally got to run her around, and she wasnt getting the RPM's...topped out around 3150 rpms and shifted horribly....

So...i bought a duraclutch (another hit to the ole wallet) and found in the directions that you need to grind part of the throttle pedal off to get the full RPM's...duh!

Anyone else with a diesel see this? (Still haven't installed the duraclutch yet)

·
Registered
‘17 Ranger 570 Midsize
1,289 Posts
Does your manual say what the RPMs are supposed to be? I would change/check the air filter and fuel filter, check the fuel, and add some cetane booster like Diesel Kleen to see if you can help clean the fuel system/injectors.

Btw, I don't have a diesel ranger, but I've had diesel trucks for 16 years and have a diesel tractor, and that's what I would do if I thought my truck or tractor was running rough.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
I agree, first step is fuel filter, second would to rebuild your old clutches if their not to far gone. Diesel's are slow, adding the cab is not going to help, the duraclutch will slow it down some more.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok...so i think i got her fixed.

1-did not get the duraclutch on yet...but will soon.
2-took it to a diesel mechanic friend. He hooked up pressure gauge to the fuel lines. .5psi. Should be 3-6 (i think...i have the service manual and it is way off). Put a new fuel pump in it (along w/ new fuel filter), and it works! Idles much better now too!
3-i did notice that the throttle cable was not adjusted correctly, and once adjusting it now i have full rpms and she runs like a top!

Thanks for the input all.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts