PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anything other than factory front control arms available?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
6,708 Posts
Is there anything other than factory front control arms available?

That would be a No.
But you can always change to standard width arms ( more options/vendors), replace front A arms upper/lower, inner tie rods, axles and standard shocks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That would be a No.
But you can always change to standard width arms ( more options/vendors), replace front A arms upper/lower, inner tie rods, axles and standard shocks.
Thanks, might be an option if I keep breaking control arms!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Get you a set of boxed a arms from super atv. They have a couple that would work. Looked at them for mine. I don’t have a arm issues but after I put the portals on I’m sure to upgrade them too.

·
Super Moderator
6,708 Posts
Get you a set of boxed a arms from super atv. They have a couple that would work. Looked at them for mine. I don’t have a arm issues but after I put the portals on I’m sure to upgrade them too.
The boxed A arms do not work on the HL, unless you change the rest of the parts that I listed on the front end.

With the addition of arms and portals, you will be upgrading the front suspension A arm tabs/subframe.
Cause and Effect.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
I think I would try to either fix the old one or strengthen the new one. With some properly placed gussets welded into the spacing, I think you could make these a-arms pretty bulletproof. Otherwise like Greg said there would be a lot of additional parts needed. Also as Greg said X2 on the frame tabs reinforcement. I installed on mine even though there was no signs of cracking I could see where the paint was chipping of at the seems of the frame tabs for the a-arms. Definitely a weak point and was showing signs of flexing that would eventually lead to breaking.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts