PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. I know this is a little premature since the bike hasn't come in yet but I figured it was a good place to start with, and get some feedback on my ideas. Here are the 1st round of mods that will happen upon arrival of the new ride. By the way this is my 1st side x side so please let me know if i am way off base with something.

1. Roof and lighting. Either a Texas Out Doors roof with light cages for front and rear or I will build my own roof. Not sure on this one yet. I am still open to opinions on this too, let me know what yall have in the way of steel or aluminum roofs. I will also be doing rock lights too.

2. Sound system. I am pretty set on getting the Wet Sounds Stealth 10 sound bar at this time. I got two little kiddos and dont need to be blasting their ears out nor do I listen to heavy bass style music.

3. Tires and Wheels. The Outlaw 2s that come on this ride are great for the mud but mine ride wont live in the mud all the time. I am looking at getting a set of 16" MSA wheels with 30x10 MOTO MTC tires for daily use, plus that should good for trail riding and a little rock crawling at hidden falls.

4. Skid Plates. This is where i am not sure what all i need or who to get them from. Help a brother out this one.

That will be the 1st set of mod and should keep me happy for a while. I will do my best to keep the thread updated while i get this stuff installed on the bike. Well the I was going to post some stock photos but the bandwidth here at work is crap today, damn you Africa.

Attachments

·
Registered
426 Posts
Doesn't sound like you'll be needing the HL edition from what you mentioned as your riding style.

Reactions: Trmaggie98

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Doesn't sound like you'll be needing the HL edition from what you mentioned as your riding style.
Nope you are right I don't need it but that is what I wanted. I might regret it and change a bunch of stuff up, but that is what I will be picking up at the end of next month when it arrives.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Here is how I mounted my Wetsounds bar. Just an idea of how you can mount it, I have no complaints

Singingwhodat

·
Registered
426 Posts
I mounted mine up high and behind my head, pointing down at a 45 degree angle.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I see a lot of hl edition rzr at the local off-road parks on regular tires playing in the rocks instead of living in a mud hole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
426 Posts
Before I put the roof back on...

·
Registered
600 Posts
trail armor skids!

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT EVER USE TEXAS OUTDOORS FOR YOUR ROOF. Scamming company. Nothing but bad things from them. Buy at your own risk. But I'm telling you right now go elsewhere. Here's a couple threads on them just from prc. Check out Google for even more

http://www.prcforum.com/forum/44-general-member-discussions/59600-polaris-accessory-company-scam-texas-outdoors-com.html

http://www.prcforum.com/forum/88-aftermarket-product-discussions/85522-doing-business-texas-outdoors.html

But it's your call. Where are you located? It seems like if you are local to him you may have better luck because you can drop in and surprise him. Also stay on top of him. If you are far and can't do this then I would honestly tell you from experience to run away quickly. A friend of mine ordered one from them to be shipped to Oklahoma. Long story short he finally got his money refunded after about 8 months of bullshit.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT EVER USE TEXAS OUTDOORS FOR YOUR ROOF. Scamming company. Nothing but bad things from them. Buy at your own risk. But I'm telling you right now go elsewhere. Here's a couple threads on them just from prc. Check out Google for even more

http://www.prcforum.com/forum/44-general-member-discussions/59600-polaris-accessory-company-scam-texas-outdoors-com.html

http://www.prcforum.com/forum/88-aftermarket-product-discussions/85522-doing-business-texas-outdoors.html

But it's your call. Where are you located? It seems like if you are local to him you may have better luck because you can drop in and surprise him. Also stay on top of him. If you are far and can't do this then I would honestly tell you from experience to run away quickly. A friend of mine ordered one from them to be shipped to Oklahoma. Long story short he finally got his money refunded after about 8 months of bullshit.
I live about 30mins on the other side of San Antonio and know where abouts the shop is. Sounds like I would be better doing it myself. Hmm might run by there and see once I am home in 3 weeks.

Just finished reading the threads. Nope I guess I will pass on those guys.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
I live about 30mins on the other side of San Antonio and know where abouts the shop is. Sounds like I would be better doing it myself. Hmm might run by there and see once I am home in 3 weeks.

Just finished reading the threads. Nope I guess I will pass on those guys.
Yeah sorry to kill that one for you but I try and worn anybody looking to stay away. I'm still not real sure how he is still in business. Either make one yourself the exact way you want it or buy from another company. So many different roofs available for these things it's crazy.

And congrats on the new 1000. You'll probably be one of the first members here to get one

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well ordered a 2" high lifter bracket lift for now. I have also decided to use WhoMoto for the roof, ordering a front and back light bars and wheels and tires this week too. Still waiting on delivery I am told that it should be any week hoping for this week.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well finally a picture of something.. LOL here are the wheels and tires ordered. 32x10 14 intimidators and Raceline black mamba bead locks

71Tcen0Fz7L._SL1158_.jpg

·
Registered
350 Posts
Will the 1000 hold a bigger tire than the 900?

·
Super Moderator
6,815 Posts
Will the 1000 hold a bigger tire than the 900?

This thread is for the Highlifter Edition 1000 crew, it will hold a 30 in stock form.

As for the standard 1000, 1000 crew and 900's, your back to the 27's and some 28's depending on actual size and profiles.

Reactions: 3rdgen

·
Registered
287 Posts
Well ordered a 2" high lifter bracket lift for now. I have also decided to use WhoMoto for the roof, ordering a front and back light bars and wheels and tires this week too. Still waiting on delivery I am told that it should be any week hoping for this week.
Your gonna love that roof I love mine its nice and strong im always climbing on mine to trim trees and fill feeders

·
Registered
350 Posts
This thread is for the Highlifter Edition 1000 crew, it will hold a 30 in stock form.

As for the standard 1000, 1000 crew and 900's, your back to the 27's and some 28's depending on actual size and profiles.
How is the highlifter edition lifted? I assume with their a arms?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
How is the highlifter edition lifted? I assume with their a arms?

Thats what the boys at Highlifter told me. They also told me that the 2" lift they make is the only one that fits, not sure on that one.

·
Super Moderator
6,815 Posts
Thats what the boys at Highlifter told me. They also told me that the 2" lift they make is the only one that fits, not sure on that one.
I would like to see some pics of this 2" lift.

Reactions: mason_tay
1 - 20 of 55 Posts