PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just traded my 800 crew for a 2017 Ranger Crew 1000. My top speed seems to be governed at 50 mph at around 6300 rpm. I guess I'm ok with that I just expected to get a higher top speed in performance mode. I traded in a Ranger Crew 800 that would run 55 mph so I expected the 1000 to run faster than the 800. I'd like to hear from other Ranger Crew 1000 owners to see you guys are getting the same performance? Trying to determine if I have an issue since my dealer is 2.5 hours away so I really dont want to have to take it to the service dept unless I determine that I really do have any issue. Anyone else getting more than 50 mph out of a stock Ranger Crew 1000? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
That's about normal they are governed to 52 or so in crew models the 3 seater goes a little faster

Sent from my KYOCERA-C6742A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. Makes feel better knowing that it's not a performance issue. I sometimes get a bad shimmy in the steering/front end at 50. Not sure if its just the tread on the tires or something in the front end. Doesn't do it every time.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I just traded my 800 crew for a 2017 Ranger Crew 1000. My top speed seems to be governed at 50 mph at around 6300 rpm. I guess I'm ok with that I just expected to get a higher top speed in performance mode. I traded in a Ranger Crew 800 that would run 55 mph so I expected the 1000 to run faster than the 800. I'd like to hear from other Ranger Crew 1000 owners to see you guys are getting the same performance? Trying to determine if I have an issue since my dealer is 2.5 hours away so I really dont want to have to take it to the service dept unless I determine that I really do have any issue. Anyone else getting more than 50 mph out of a stock Ranger Crew 1000? Thanks in advance.
You are dead on. My 17' 1000 crew is exactly the same. My buddies 900 non-crew is faster than my 1000.

g.schucks

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
94 Posts
Ya mine isn't a crew but I've had it near 65

·
Vendor
2,155 Posts
A flash or programmer will be required to go faster. Not sure what is available for a 1000 Ranger yet

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
Earldo Ferracci told me a BIR if you know how fast it goes, that’s not fast enough.
Although 60 mph is fast enough for me in a UTV .

1 - 15 of 15 Posts