PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

2017 XP1000 Crankshaft position sensor Issues

5K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  BS! 
#1 ·
This ranger has 1075 miles and this is the second CPS I’ve replaced. Dealer not sure what’s happening, he said they never sold any matching this part number. Both times it was running fine, turned it off and after about 2 hrs won’t start. Both times it was the 1st day of a 10 day trip. And nobody stocks this thing. From what I read it may be a wire rub. If so anyplace I should dig into 1st?

#2 ·
Sooooooo BS, if this is the second time with the same symptoms, was it a "wire rub" the first time ? If you replaced the CPS the first time and it rectified the problem, I don't see a a "wire rub" , damaging the sensor . Can you clarify ?

#3 ·
I guess that’s my question.
I replaced it and it did work fine for almost 2 years, just concerned that this is the second one and this dealer has never sold any, and they are a good size Polaris only dealer. Another thing I thought was We use it every day to feed horses. Just a quick start up drive out and turn it off. Maybe 10 min. Could this be an issue or should I just think this is just my luck, don’t worry about it and move on?

#4 ·
If I was to take a wild guess, I would say it was a wire the first time and this time and when the CPS was R & R........it jiggled the wire just enough to make it work.. I would be chaffed wire hunting..

The short runs are not life threatening .just keep you oil change intervals to a minimum.....50 hours.. and your battery on a smart maintainer ..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.