PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought the rzr last weekend. I've only driven it a few miles but sometimes in high and coming to a stop the engine dies. It starts right up in park but when shifting gears it lounges and kills the engine. Like the clutches are stuck. Also driving first time at high speed, it would max out at 48 mph. Sometimes it would almost bounce or lounge back and forth. Then it let loose like it hit another gear and shot right up to 70 before letting off. Let slowing to a stop it would die again. Hope someone can make light of this. Thanks in advance.

·
Vendor
2,124 Posts
Just bought the rzr last weekend. I've only driven it a few miles but sometimes in high and coming to a stop the engine dies. It starts right up in park but when shifting gears it lounges and kills the engine. Like the clutches are stuck. Also driving first time at high speed, it would max out at 48 mph. Sometimes it would almost bounce or lounge back and forth. Then it let loose like it hit another gear and shot right up to 70 before letting off. Let slowing to a stop it would die again. Hope someone can make light of this. Thanks in advance.
Your issue is in your primary clutch, read this article below and take the same picture as you see in this article and you will know which condition you have

https://www.hunterworks.com/grinding_into_gear_creeping

But it sounds like you have rollers gone bad in the primary and or spider nut and spider backing off causing the weights to stick

If that is the case then I recommend a new primary as a rebuilding rare lasts.

While you are in there check your secondary on the right side of the square pucks for wear and get a set of our rollers to replace them to stop the wear.

https://www.hunterworks.com/inc/sdetail/56301/74234

Todd

·
Registered
942 Posts
Looks like you bought someones problem child:(
Good luck. Others here should be able to get you on the trail again
Welcome

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
You need.to.go.to.the advanced button to post pics. Not showing up for the rest of us.

Sounds like the clutches need some work. Only way to tell is pulling them off.for a good inspection.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
See that bearing the belt is riding on in your pic? Does it spin freely one way?

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Fire it up in neutral. Does the secondary spin while at idle? It shouldn't. Looks like you may have an alignment issue by the pic. See how the belt is not in the center of the primary? What brand belt is on there?

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Well, you have some binding going on in the clutches somewhere. Time for some disassembly.

·
Vendor
2,124 Posts
You do not have an alignment issue, you don't have that until the belt actually touches one side or the other. Your bearing is a two way and is supposed to turn both directions

Your pictures look normal, so you need to drive it until it does the won't stop deal and take a picture then.

As mentioned in my first comment I bet you have primary roller issues and a belt will not fix it but if you want one we sell as good as you can get

Todd

1 - 19 of 19 Posts