PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what changes were made to the 18 general 4? I am wondering if it worth maybe finding a 17 if there were no changes except color.

Thanks in advance,
Brandon

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just in case the attachment doesn't come up here's the short list:

Doors fixed
CV joints
Seatbelt height adjuster
Better wheel bearings & seals
Filtered CVT intake
Electrical improvements including turf mode issues
Deluxe models & G4 have upgraded shocks

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Texas! I have since decided to go with a Ranger 1000 crew, there's just not enough bed and storage for me in the General. I want to wait for the new body style but I called Polaris and nobody can tell me when they are coming out. I am guessing it wont be until this summer. I was hoping it would be mid year.

·
Registered
17 Posts
New body styles for the ranger crew probably won't be out until the 19's. The General sold me on comfort and I only need to seat 4 at the most. After adding solid doors and other goodies the Ranger would end up costing more than the G4.

Got a guy that going to build a custom one off roof for it that will allow for more storage. It'll even have a low profile boom crane with a winch for loading deer and other heavy gear.

·
Registered
293 Posts
New body styles for the ranger crew probably won't be out until the 19's. The General sold me on comfort and I only need to seat 4 at the most. After adding solid doors and other goodies the Ranger would end up costing more than the G4.

Got a guy that going to build a custom one off roof for it that will allow for more storage. It'll even have a low profile boom crane with a winch for loading deer and other heavy gear.
Id like to see that roof

·
Registered
17 Posts
With any luck it'll be ready around the end of the year. Hopefully the G4 will show up at the dealer soon so I can pull the cage and get it to him. Also going to drop the machine off at a graphics place and have it camo wrapped.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts