PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The 2018 Mahindra Retriever 1000 is a brand new Utility UTV with power and capabilities to challenge the Polaris Ranger XP 1000.

A new challenger for the mighty Polaris Ranger rises up from the agriculture world to vie for dominance in the 1000-class utility/recreation UTV category. Let’s see how the 2018 Mahindra Retriever 1000 compares to the Ranger XP 1000 by the numbers.

If you go to any UTV dealership and ask which models sell the most, the answer might surprise you. While we all like the RZRs and Maverick X3s and give them lots of love in the press, the real star of the show are the utility/recreation machines. These are the Polaris Rangers and Can-Am Defenders – machines that are built to work and play. The line between a work machine and a play machine is getting blurred with each new model year.

2018 Mahindra Retriever 1000 vs. Polaris Ranger XP 1000: By the Numbers - ATV.com

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
I wouldn't give a Mahindra tractor space on my property and I'm guessing the sxs would be the same quality.

·
Premium Member
6,359 Posts
Hummm, like a lot of other startups (and shutdowns!) they are manufactured in Arkansas (Batesville). Greg (Toxic-21), you heard anything about them? Are they a rebranded UTV?

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I researched those before I bought my Ranger. Good looking rigs on the web site. Almost no dealers and even fewer stocking dealers and basically no discounted prices when you do find a dealer with one in stock. Almost no information on them from owners because almost no owners out there evidently. But they might be good ones. ?

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
If the Mahindra UTVs are anything like the tractors they make they will have endless electrical problems.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts