PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purcased a brand new 1000 and from day one the fuel guage would stop working at about 3/4 of a tank. Took it to the dealer and they said nothing was wrong with it to not use gas pump to fill it up rather pour from a can. They said the pressure from a fuel pump was causing it. so i filled it up went to completely full and ran it down it stopped at 3/4 would not go any lower. i have run out of fuel a couple of times now and have to keep a spare can n the back. I paid alot of money for this unit and the fuel guage should work. I know polaris isn't going to fix it so does anyone have any idea what could be causing this and how to fix it. Could it be a cluster issue or more likley in the tank? Thanks in advance
Hughjr

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
They said the pressure from a fuel pump was causing it.
Some dealers double as stand up comics.

I would bet it's in the tank. Either the float arm is hitting the side of the tank due to the pump assembly not being oriented correctly or a problem with the sending unit.

·
Administrator
6,980 Posts
I purcased a brand new 1000 and from day one the fuel guage would stop working at about 3/4 of a tank. Took it to the dealer and they said nothing was wrong with it to not use gas pump to fill it up rather pour from a can. They said the pressure from a fuel pump was causing it. so i filled it up went to completely full and ran it down it stopped at 3/4 would not go any lower. i have run out of fuel a couple of times now and have to keep a spare can n the back. I paid alot of money for this unit and the fuel guage should work. I know polaris isn't going to fix it so does anyone have any idea what could be causing this and how to fix it. Could it be a cluster issue or more likley in the tank? Thanks in advance
Hughjr
I would find a new dealer.

Your issue is in the tank as BPS stated.
Float arm/Float/Sending Unit, all of which can be fixed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts