PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello my buddy has a 2018 polaris ranger 900xp won't start when cold. Cold as in 35 degrees or lower. It will just crank over and won't fire. The next day if it is warm then it will just fire right up. Any suggestions on where to check? It cranks fast an easy. Im wondering if it is the same issue with the 800 i just fixed with the oil pressure relief valve? Or does the 900 operate different? My theory is the oil is colder and the dowel won't move causing the lifters to pump up and valves are stuck open. Does anyone know if the 800 and 900s are the same design on the oil pressure relief valve? Thanks

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hello my buddy has a 2018 polaris ranger 900xp won't start when cold. Cold as in 35 degrees or lower. It will just crank over and won't fire. The next day if it is warm then it will just fire right up. Any suggestions on where to check? It cranks fast an easy. Im wondering if it is the same issue with the 800 i just fixed with the oil pressure relief valve? Or does the 900 operate different? My theory is the oil is colder and the dowel won't move causing the lifters to pump up and valves are stuck open. Does anyone know if the 800 and 900s are the same design on the oil pressure relief valve? Thanks
Seems to be getting more and more of this going on. My buddy has a 1000 general and if Its below 30 it will not start. He has been told that a new map sensor should fix it. He also took it up in the mountains, i'm not exactly sure how far up he had to go but over a certain elevation it would not start either. Had to tow it down and it would start and run under a certain elevation.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts