PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello my buddy has a 2018 polaris ranger 900xp won't start when cold. Cold as in 35 degrees or lower. It will just crank over and won't fire. The next day if it is warm then it will just fire right up. Any suggestions on where to check? It cranks fast an easy. Im wondering if it is the same issue with the 800 i just fixed with the oil pressure relief valve? Or does the 900 operate different? My theory is the oil is colder and the dowel won't move causing the lifters to pump up and valves are stuck open. Does anyone know if the 800 and 900s are the same design on the oil pressure relief valve? Thanks

·
Registered
387 Posts
The 800 engine is an old design, had been used a number of years on ATV's and Rangers long before the 900 was introduced. The 900 is a new design and I'm not sure but I believe it does not use the sliding dowel oil relief valve.

Mike

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
No hydraulic lifters and no dowel pin problems in the 900.
Use regular gas, not high octane and it will start better in cold weather.
If that isn't the problem you could do a search. There are lots of threads on here about this problem.
Many times you get information related to your problem much quicker by doing that. Members get tired of answering the same questions over and over.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Does your buddy run his machine in deep water?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts