PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

241 - 253 of 253 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Mine definitely gets worse after use and heating up good. I dropped it off for service this morning and to have it checked out. I'm a little nervous about what they're gonna find.
Hope it's nothing major!

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Gotcha. Could be an axle clicking....

Yesterday after doing a pretty hard run with mine I noticed a clicking sound coming from my rear end after I shut it down and it was sitting....weird.
That is most likely your exhaust system making this sound. It's just the metal cooling off after getting hot from a full throttle run.

·
Registered
69 Posts
And this is going to get worse as the flex/carrier bearing goes south.

have quite a bit of play in my carrier bearing and the CV joint area where the roll pin go's into the Differential input shaft

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Mine definitely gets worse after use and heating up good. I dropped it off for service this morning and to have it checked out. I'm a little nervous about what they're gonna find.
Did you hear back from the dealer? Mine did the same thing. I changed the front diff fluid and it improved it quite a bit.

·
Registered
53 Posts
That is most likely your exhaust system making this sound. It's just the metal cooling off after getting hot from a full throttle run.
Definitely NOT what it was since it was a ratcheting noise while being driven on the left side of the machine. Dealer took the whole rear suspension apart. Said it seemed like the control arms were binding some. They greased everything up with lithium or silicone and put it back together. Seems to have "fixed" it for now.

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Ran a search, but didn't really see anything...My machine has developed a "ratcheting" or clicking sound in the rear end. I've read the comments about the brake calipers possibly being loose and rattling. That ain't it. Sound more like a differential issue. Anyone else have this happen?
I had this too. It sounded like it was coming from the right rear if you're sitting in the driver's seat. I ended up putting new wheel bearings all the way around and adding 4 new Rhino 2.0 axles. I tow a small trailer loaded with corn/protein for deer feeders quite a bit. I also drive in turf mode most of the time. I suspected that with all of the torque on the single stock axle(right rear), it may have worn out causing the ratcheting sound. Once I had the axles out it was obvious the bearings needed to be replaced too.

·
Registered
61 Posts
My main complaint so far is the jerk when trying to ease forward or back from a stop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
652 Posts
Put on a lot of stops and starts 3rd through the 7th while using the Ranger to take products out to the field for setup of fireworks show. Went through 2/3 tank. Backing up to truck and running to various spots. Was almost as smooth as the Duraclutch equipped 900xp. The improvement in suspension is making the owner of the 900xp think hard on upgradeing.

241 - 253 of 253 Posts