PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2018 Polaris Ranger 570 Crew Midsize that I recently started having problem with. While driving it one afternoon it just quit running and had to be towed back to my house. When I start the ranger it will turn over and run for about 1-2 seconds and then die out, during that 1-2 seconds if I give it gas it dies out. Here is a list of items I have already tried:

1) Replaced battery two days ago (7/14/20)
2) Replaced spark plug 3 days ago (7/13/20)
3) Replaced fuel pump 7/13/20
4) Checked all ground wires
5) Checked all fuses
6) Took off and blew out gas line from gas tank to fuel injector
7) Changed oil/filter to make sure oil was not low

After doing all of this it still does the same thing, it will start run for about 1-2 seconds and then die. I did notice when I replaced the spark plug that it was very black and looked like it was running rich. Engine has a little over 300 hours on it. I have tried just about everything I can think of so any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
A little more information I forgot to include in my first post. I am getting spark from the spark plug. I pulled it out and tested it and see the spark. I also pulled out the fuel injector turned on the ranger and fuel is spraying out or the fuel injector so it seems it has spark and fuel.

·
Registered
1 Posts
first check is trouble code present cam position sensor code 636 then check. the ecu is sending signal to cam position sensor if not check all leads to cam position sensor for bad wires. if wires are good ecu is not.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2018 Polaris Ranger 570 Crew Midsize that I recently started having problem with. While driving it one afternoon it just quit running and had to be towed back to my house. When I start the ranger it will turn over and run for about 1-2 seconds and then die out, during that 1-2 seconds if I give it gas it dies out. Here is a list of items I have already tried:

1) Replaced battery two days ago (7/14/20)
2) Replaced spark plug 3 days ago (7/13/20)
3) Replaced fuel pump 7/13/20
4) Checked all ground wires
5) Checked all fuses
6) Took off and blew out gas line from gas tank to fuel injector
7) Changed oil/filter to make sure oil was not low

After doing all of this it still does the same thing, it will start run for about 1-2 seconds and then die. I did notice when I replaced the spark plug that it was very black and looked like it was running rich. Engine has a little over 300 hours on it. I have tried just about everything I can think of so any help would be appreciated.
I was wondering if you found out what was wrong with your ranger? I am having the exact same issues.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts