PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had motor rebuilt due to low compression on PTO cylinder. After it was rebuilt I reinstalled the motor and now all it does is back fire when trying to start. I checked the timing and it is good, no codes on display. Last fuel pressure reading was good and has spark also. Any ideas on what else I can try. Motor did run before just on one cylinder.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
What was done when it was 'rebuilt'?
Have you ever checked the valve clearance or did you do a leakdown test to find the source of the leak before it was rebuilt?

EDIT: I did a little research and it looks like you have 5 threads on this problem.
You get better response and more and better information if you just post to the original thread so we know what is going on.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Did you find out what caused your low compression in the first place?

Reactions: Jungleman

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What was done when it was 'rebuilt'?
Have you ever checked the valve clearance or did you do a leakdown test to find the source of the leak before it was rebuilt?

EDIT: I did a little research and it looks like you have 5 threads on this problem.
You get better response and more and better information if you just post to the original thread so we know what is going on.
Top end was rebuilt with a rev 6 top end kit. No leak down test was performed just a compression test, have checked valve clearance for intake and exhaust valves. Valve clearances are in spec for intake and exhaust. I have noticed that the “I” mark on the flywheel will move when putting the cam chain tensioner in when trying to time the motor. Sorry for the multiple post, this buggy is driving me insane

1 - 4 of 4 Posts