PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Think I'm having a throttle sticking or some type of issue. When I give it gas clutches engage and starts to move a little then it will launch like I gave it a bunch of gas or tried to floor it. It does it low alot but not as bad in high and doesn't at all im reverse. Any ideas? If pretty much takes off on its own when I give it a little gas.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Do rpms increase? Or does it just lurch forward?

How many miles?

·
Registered
2015 Polaris ranger 570 XP
4,092 Posts
If the throttle is working normally and RPM increasing as it normally did at various pedal pressures perhaps there is a problem with the primary clutch, something allowing it to engage earlier than normal. Clutches wear with use.

·
Registered
2020 Ranger XP1000 Northstar Crew Ultimate
162 Posts
Toggle the cluster over to the digital readout for rpms. 1250 i think is what they should idle at and the Duraclutch engages somewhere in the neighborhood of 1400 rpm if memory serves right.

What’s your machine idling at? Did it do this before installing the Duraclutch?

·
Registered
2015 Polaris ranger 570 XP
4,092 Posts
Since the problem isn't in the clutch it may be the gas pedal. Units this new are all fly by wire, no cable to the throttle body. Unfortunately electronics can fail and if you used it in deep water that increases the possibility if the pedal wasn't well sealed.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
For the heck of it... take the time to spray some carb or brake cleaner around the intake boots where they attach to the head and listen for any rpm change. Douse it good. It's possible you have an intake leak.

My 18 started leaking around 3000 miles.
Automotive tire Bicycle part Wood Motor vehicle Bumper

1 - 14 of 14 Posts