PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
5,639 Posts
Depends on how much 'good stuff' is left. Doesn't co$t anything to talk with NFLOW.....

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
Gulp! Ouch!!
It sounds like a lot of money, and it is, but you end up with a good as new engine with a warranty, ready for many miles of use as long you it is well maintained. If you have mechanical experience you might be able to save some money with a DIY rebuild, but you'll probably need a few tools not normally found in the average tool box and have to buy some new parts or pay to have them machined and otherwise made useful again (cylinder coatings for example) and have quire a few hours in it with no guarantee it will be done properly. Pick your poison.

·
Registered
568 Posts
When I tell people the prices of these engines they FREAK out. They'll say that they can get a Chevy V8 crate motor for less so how can a "small engine" be so much. I try to not get offended by the small engine remarks and instead educate them on the differences. Most really think a double overhead cam 900 cc is nothing more than a glorified Briggs.

·
Registered
2020 Ranger Northstar Crew Ultimate
68 Posts
It sounds like a lot of money, and it is, but you end up with a good as new engine with a warranty, ready for many miles of use as long you it is well maintained. If you have mechanical experience you might be able to save some money with a DIY rebuild, but you'll probably need a few tools not normally found in the average tool box and have to buy some new parts or pay to have them machined and otherwise made useful again (cylinder coatings for example) and have quire a few hours in it with no guarantee it will be done properly. Pick your poison.
Oh I totally get it. I’ve seen lots of Bach yard guys think they can rebuild a sxs or atv. I know it can go good or bad! I’ve never needed to have that done. I buy my stuff new and keep it two or three years.

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
$3500-$4300 is a lot cheaper than new.

·
Registered
568 Posts
One thing to add and it's always a disclaimer of mine. When a remanufactured engine is purchased you are getting just that, an engine. The fuel injection system, wire harness, all sensors, flywheel, stator, oil cooler (900&1000), water pump, one way starter bearing, starter and ignition system are all removed from the original engine and reused. If there is anything wrong with those systems/parts your $ amount goes up.

Just had a 900 that I had never seen run and after the nFLOW was installed it took an additional 5 hours of labor to get it going. Engine was great, wiring and EFI system was not.

·
Registered
5,639 Posts
B, you are starting to sound like a ............lawyer.......:D

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
21 - 32 of 32 Posts