PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any difference between a 2018, 2019, and 2020 Ranger XP 1000 base model?

Specs appear to be the same when comparing online. Only thing I can visibly see is the steering wheel looks different on the 2020.

Looking to buy a lightly used machine in the 2018-2020 range and just curious if there's any pro's or con's between those model years or if they're identical.

Thanks,
Pete

·
Registered
471 Posts
All 2020 XP1000s should have geared reverse. It may even be 2019s. I think early 2019s did not so I can’t say all, but @Toxic-21 can confirm.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Interesting. I thought I read that was only for higher trim level machines. Would be nice to know. Not sure if that’s a big deal or not for me.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I would want the geared reverse over the chain as it’s more reliable.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Trying to do some research and found this - What To Expect From The 2020 Polaris Ranger Lineup

The 2020 Ranger Vs. The 2021 Ranger
When you compare the 2020 Polaris Ranger with the 2021 Polaris Ranger, a few key differences will become easy to see. You’ll notice that the 2021 edition of the Polaris Ranger has a beefier frame and front differential. Additionally, Polaris also enhanced the secondary clutch on their 2021 Ranger editions, and ditched those garbage one-way bearings in the primary clutch. In this way, the updated two-way clutch bearings now eliminate hard shifting issues, giving riders a silky smooth shifting action!

Does that sound right?

I've got a dilemma that I found a used 18' Ranger with all the accessories on it, loaded 700 miles. And a 21' Ranger, with just a roof and windshield, 160 miles - for the same price.

Hmm

·
Registered
45 Posts
old post, what did you end up getting?

I had a similar situation between a 2020 and a 2021. I ended up getting the 2020 loaded with accessories.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts