PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm on my 3rd incident now, and Polaris is milking this out for all it's worth.

Right Rear axle keeps popping out of the rear diff. I obviously loose turf mode and when I have to milk it back to camp it destroys the CV axle and splines. Polaris keeps telling me its a manufacturing defect with the axle not allowing the clip to fully seat and therefore popping the clip out causing the axle to slip.

They now want to change the axle clip to a Polaris 1000 XP clip because apparently it's stronger.

Anybody else having this issue? My bike has been in the shop for the past 3 months and I'm about to loose my shit on Polaris.

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
Is this a factory CV axle that you have in your unit? This is really weird and the first time I've heard of it, we have logged about 25,000 combined miles on our 2017 570 full sizes, and I've never had a CV issue at all except for the front cv splines wearing out which is normal on all Polaris machines. Just picked up a 2018 570 fs last week, and the little bit of running around I've done with it it has not popped out either. I am thinking that there is a machining issue inside of the cup of the rear diff which holds the retaining clip that is not machined out completely or something of that nature. The 1000 clip might work , might not. Keep on them until they make it right.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya, it's all CV. Didn't have this issue until about the 95hr mark and it's happened 3 times since then and I'm only at 103hrs now. They're telling me that its a machining issue on the axle itself. However, the axle has been changed twice now and it keeps happening.

This is the problem I'm having, they keep telling me it's common but no one I know of is having this issue.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It’s all being covered under warranty, they’re also giving me credit for accessories. They’re trying to make it right, but this is getting old.

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
Going to be hard to use credit for accessories if the CV keeps popping out and the ranger isn't mobile! Stay on them is all I can say, because if you let up they will just let this problem fade out into the abyss. They're trying to avoid going into the transmission and putting in a new splined hub, but that may be what has to be done.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have 2019 570 FS Crew and the left rear axle has popped out. Lost the Turf Mode but 2 wheel works. Currently in the shop to be repaired under warranty. Polaris is replacing both rear axles. I get it back on Friday. Hope this is not a re-occuring issue. I had a 2106 570 FS that has never had any of these issues, but it did not have turf mode.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have 2019 570 FS Crew and the left rear axle has popped out. Lost the Turf Mode but 2 wheel works. Currently in the shop to be repaired under warranty. Polaris is replacing both rear axles. I get it back on Friday. Hope this is not a re-occuring issue. I had a 2106 570 FS that has never had any of these issues, but it did not have turf mode.
Update:

In 2019 Polaris started using an o-ring on the axles. I talked to one of the engineers for the polaris ranger driveline division at corporate, the fix was to remove that o-ring. I haven't had the problem since.

If I were you, I'd call your dealer and make sure they remove that o-ring, it won't hurt anything...they've never used that before.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Update:

In 2019 Polaris started using an o-ring on the axles. I talked to one of the engineers for the polaris ranger driveline division at corporate, the fix was to remove that o-ring. I haven't had the problem since.

If I were you, I'd call your dealer and make sure they remove that o-ring, it won't hurt anything...they've never used that before.
Thanks - I will bring it up to them.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks - I will bring it up to them.
Turns out the wrong axle was installed from the factory. It was 1/2 to 3/4 inches too short. Got them replaced and it runs like a top. They did say that the cir-clip now snaps into the grove as designed. We will definitely keep an eye on it, though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts