PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2019 northstar, in which I thought were suppose to be a sealed cab...I have a issue with the dust getting into cab... wondering if anyone else has experienced the same problem..was going to return to dealer see if there's anything they can do about it...

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Took 2 tubes of black silicone caulking to seal mine up. Just did this 2 weeks ago. Went riding this past weekend and no more dust.
1. Remove the roof and seal up around all the existing foam.
2. Remove the front windshield and caulk the entire seal and re-install. Doing this also keeps the windshield from moving around. The stock clamps that hold it in suck.
3. Remove the seats. You'll see weather stripping and foam with big gaps in the cab corners. Caulk all these areas. Best way to see the gaps and holes is by having someone hold a bright light behind these areas outside the cab. Do it at night and you'll be surprised how may "holes" you'll find.
4. Seal up all the drain holes in the cup holders, under seat access covers, and by the door seals.
5. Remove rear window and caulk the seal then re-install.

Lots of work but worth it. I just ordered some sound deadening insulation that also has aluminum facing to help keep out the engine noise and heat. I'll take some pics once it's installed.

·
Registered
94 Posts
it is a sealed cab, the best sealed cab in the industry! That does not mean that it will keep all dust out, it means Polaris did a WAY BETTER job then the competition with their pro fit cab and the seal kit
If you want more then you gotta DIY like Lennstang did

For me during dust season I just roll up the windows and run the AC, the positive pressure from the air conditioner keeps MUCH of the dust out.......someday I will remove the cab and seal that SOB up with silly cone

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yeah the key is to keep windows up and blower on for positive air pressure, as 410 said. When I turn my blower off (AC or just fan) I immediately taste dust.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Took 2 tubes of black silicone caulking to seal mine up. Just did this 2 weeks ago. Went riding this past weekend and no more dust.
1. Remove the roof and seal up around all the existing foam.
2. Remove the front windshield and caulk the entire seal and re-install. Doing this also keeps the windshield from moving around. The stock clamps that hold it in suck.
3. Remove the seats. You'll see weather stripping and foam with big gaps in the cab corners. Caulk all these areas. Best way to see the gaps and holes is by having someone hold a bright light behind these areas outside the cab. Do it at night and you'll be surprised how may "holes" you'll find.
4. Seal up all the drain holes in the cup holders, under seat access covers, and by the door seals.
5. Remove rear window and caulk the seal then re-install.

Lots of work but worth it. I just ordered some sound deadening insulation that also has aluminum facing to help keep out the engine noise and heat. I'll take some pics once it's installed.
Thanks for the great ideas!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts