PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sure this has been discussed a lot but here goes. My ranger is 3 months old and within the last 3 weeks or so I am constantly having to charge the battery to get it to crank. I have put the battery on a tester and it doesn't say the battery is bad but I am skeptical on it. I saw where a lot of people were changing to Odyssey Batteries anyone know which one I should switch to? The 925 or 1200, saw it on recent discussion is why I used those as example. I also read a lot about the voltage rectifier possibly being bad. I am not the most mechanical person but think I could handle that if I knew where it was to test it or change it. I am sure I am going to catch some hell for that last statement but hey it happens. If anyone has some suggestions on if I am on the right track feel free to add your input. I also noticed and from what I have read the battery or voltage is the cause but my Electric Power Steering keeps going out when the battery is low. Assuming that is a direct correlation. Appreciate the help and input.

·
Registered
334 Posts
What kind of machine do you have?
Does the machine have any aftermarket accessories? And if so who installed them?
One of those accessories could be staying on or something else could be not shutting off.

Your EPS should only work when the key is on/ running I believe it is a fail safe that if it is low voltage it will not work.

If the machine is only 3 months old I would be on the phone with the selling dealer. I do not suggest changing out a battery yet. If that does not fix the problem the dealer could come back and say you created the problem and may void the warranty.
I have a 2013 900 xp and still on the original battery, Yes I am pushing the limits of the original.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for that. I am about to call them now. They put on an aftermarket sound bar when I bought the machine. Polaris website says the battery has a 6 month warranty from date of purchase. So I am inside that. Hopefully this all gets resolved, pretty disappointed in it so far.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have the same issues. Battery 3 months old. I went and bought a new one from advance auto. Called dealership. If battery is bad they are going to file it under the warranty. I checked it the battery is bad. To me the dealership should have said without hesitation they would swap the battery out instead of me having to basically plead my case. My theory is I bought a 2019 and that unit was rarely cranked and battery just went bad.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts