PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Ranger Northstar 1000 XP FS EPS LE
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help....I purchased this unit New in December of 2019. It has been in 2 dealers shop and presently for the 4th time for oil leak in the drive belt housing. I will not bore anyone (unless someone asks) with all the details but everyone involved knows there is a problem. What it amounts to is I've had the machine 9 months and it has spent 2 months in the shop.
This UTV hasn't been to any trails, Its primary job is 1.5-2 hours a day on a livestock farm so I really suffer when it is not in my possession.
(I did 3 searches in the forum but it only returned a 2017 related leak) Maybe I didn't use correct keywords.......
Has anyone had similar or same issues?
Any advice?
Key Polaris Rep to contact?
I haven't showed my "A" at the dealership yet but i may be getting close.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Maybe Toxic21 will catch this and have some info or a fix.

I'm not sure if you can replace the seal from the outside or have to split the case.

Coincidentally I just pulled the belt cover and noticed a scant of residue in mine. But I noticed my oil was a bit overfilled.

Hope you get some help and resolved quickly.

Reactions: ObieFarm

·
Administrator
7,400 Posts
Help....I purchased this unit New in December of 2019. It has been in 2 dealers shop and presently for the 4th time for oil leak in the drive belt housing. I will not bore anyone (unless someone asks) with all the details but everyone involved knows there is a problem. What it amounts to is I've had the machine 9 months and it has spent 2 months in the shop.
This UTV hasn't been to any trails, Its primary job is 1.5-2 hours a day on a livestock farm so I really suffer when it is not in my possession.
(I did 3 searches in the forum but it only returned a 2017 related leak) Maybe I didn't use correct keywords.......
Any advice?
Obie, nothing sucks more than that. Here is the fix that even a moron like ranger Nitwhit could install on a bad day.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Any advice?
Contact polaris agent even though the dealership did already.
Have them pull the records while you are on the phone with them and complain.
They're probably going to tell you that it's on record and they will authorise more fixing for that problem in the future.
The more complaints you present to them like loosing money with the business or travel expenses etc.
Eventually they'll reward you with a gift certificate for a certain amount (I got $500 worth) that you have to spend (all of it in one shot) at the Polaris dealership.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Nice find JM! May be one of those kits in my future.
Obie, what were the details? Have they replaced the seal a couple times now? Did you blow a belt and damage it? Just wondering if the crank or case has a burr ruining the replacement seals making them leak.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll try to be brief as possible
Outer seal is about to be replaced 4th time.
Backside seal replaced 3rd time outer was done.Didn't leak for 3 months but residue began to show up around red plug.
I called the service manager about 30 min ago for an email listing what had been done since March.
;)(i did apply a little salt but no Hot Sauce yet)
He did inform me that Polaris said the crankshaft measurementss are ok and housing are withing perimeters. Polaris told them to move toward oil pressure testing. Supposed to do that this morning....

Reactions: wgarcar2

·
Registered
631 Posts
I'll try to be brief as possible
Outer seal is about to be replaced 4th time.
Backside seal replaced 3rd time outer was done.Didn't leak for 3 months but residue began to show up around red plug.
I called the service manager about 30 min ago for an email listing what had been done since March.
;)(i did apply a little salt but no Hot Sauce yet)
He did inform me that Polaris said the crankshaft measurementss are ok and housing are withing perimeters. Polaris told them to move toward oil pressure testing. Supposed to do that this morning....
Also call polaris 18887045290 on Monday morning, just let them know of your concerns and worries about your frustration, something needs to done about it, maybe there is free set of tires or shocks in your future.
Call more than one time in the near future and let them know the progress of the leak.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
From what I was reading on the sight jungleman linked, the oil relief passages behind the seal can get plugged with the silicone they use during assembly. Sence your on your forth seal in a year of ownership?? From what I read, looks like you can blow or clean the passage out once the seals out.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
12 month warrenty on all new units.
They have been in communication with Polaris. They were supposed to have checked oil pump for possible high pressure yesterday.
I have not been upudated as of Saturday, am, 9/29

·
Registered
631 Posts
12 month warrenty on all new units.
They have been in communication with Polaris. They were supposed to have checked oil pump for possible high pressure yesterday.
I have not been upudated as of Saturday, am, 9/29
Don't worry about the 12-month cutoff date, if the specific problem started before that date, they will continue to treat it up until it's solved.
That's what they told me back in 2018.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I called Polaris on Monday and spoke to Charles. After just a few minuets he transfered me to Clayton , a Level 2 Rep. Currently Polaris has told the dealer to order a new Long Block engin and replace it.
Clayton told me to call him if i had other questions or if the dealer didn't seem like they were progressing.
Polaris had 9 Long Blocks in the warehouse and the delivery to the dealer could take 5-8 days.
Clayton told me after I get the Ranger back and it seems that the probelm is fixed he'll discuss extending the warrenty.

·
Registered
631 Posts
I called Polaris on Monday and spoke to Charles. After just a few minuets he transfered me to Clayton , a Level 2 Rep. Currently Polaris has told the dealer to order a new Long Block engin and replace it.
Clayton told me to call him if i had other questions or if the dealer didn't seem like they were progressing.
Polaris had 9 Long Blocks in the warehouse and the delivery to the dealer could take 5-8 days.
Clayton told me after I get the Ranger back and it seems that the probelm is fixed he'll discuss extending the warrenty.
Good start, keep on top of it. Remember your reference/case number to bring up when you speak to him next time.
Remember, Clayton is your ticket to a gift card.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Good start, keep on top of it. Remember your reference/case number to bring up when you speak to him next time.
Remember, Clayton is your ticket to a gift card.

On my cell and in my laptop with the other notes for this topic. Also included is lost time on farm and vacation off work concerning drop off and pick up of the Ranger.

Reactions: wgarcar2

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Friday October 2nd, 3:00pm
Order tracking.....Update🐢🐢

New Motor location, Kansas City, MO
Scheduled to arrive in Tuscumbia, AL on Tuesday the 6th

·
Administrator
7,400 Posts
:eek:Obie, that is nothing short of a MIRACLE.... Congrats.. Hopefully those two reps you named are not fired on Monday. eeerrrrr Charles or Clayton pick up LINE 2 ................ Charles pick up ?......Charles ??? errr Clayton pick up ? Clayton ??

Reactions: ObieFarm

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Update
They have the new motor installed. The AC was causing some issues with the motor swap and Polaris had to provide assistance. The afternoon was
To be multiple test drives and fine tuning. Maybe I’ll get the call tomorrow sometime that is ready.

Reactions: Jungleman

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thursday afternoon about 3PM I got a call from Dealer
that my machine was just about ready. One more test drive showed there to be a pin hole in the hose going to the water pump causing it to heat up a little.
No hoses in stock, closest part in AZ!
Cant get overnight delivery after noon!
Order Friday?? Dont deliver on Saturday!
Closed Sunday and Monday!
Machine on the yard to borrow from, NO
Machine in the crate to borrow from NO
Yep another $%&#[email protected]^ week!!!
For those keeping up, thats 10 months of ownership but a total of 3 months in the shop!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts