PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would like to add some half doors to my XP 1000. Any reviews,comments, etc. on the DragonFire stuff.
I've seen them priced anywhere from $725 - $850
Seen some other brands cheaper, but not a fan of the suicide type hinge and DF seems to be one of the few that have the traditional mount.

·
Registered
546 Posts
I bought the Fortress half doors I am very happy with them.

·
Registered
674 Posts
I have the Dragon Fire half doors on my 2018 XP 1000. They work fine for me. I added some weather stripping along the bottom of the door opening. They are a big help with the dust problem in the cab on gravel roads which is the main reason I have them.

·
Registered
546 Posts
I bought them from St.Charles power sports in St.Louis. They were $1505.00 out the door for a crew.

·
Vendor
2,078 Posts
I have the fortress, they are ok, don't seal all the way around, nearly a 1 inch gap at rear of front doors. One came all scratched up from extremely poor packing, just two doors laying flat a big box with a thin white bag deal around each door. Because I picked them up at the dealer and the dealer didn't open and inspect them they told me basically to go pound sand.

If you order some from a dealer or find them where ever, do NOT turn the box on edge to load or carry to truck, better off letting the dealer install them.

They are suicide and they appear to be able to pick up on rear and set off the way the hinges look, like a jeep but they will not come off and if you watch a video, you have to loosen the screws on the hinges to lift them off. That does not make much sense to me

$1500 is what I paid

Would I buy again? I guess because I have not seen anything else I like.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Would like to add some half doors to my XP 1000. Any reviews,comments, etc. on the DragonFire stuff.
I've seen them priced anywhere from $725 - $850
Seen some other brands cheaper, but not a fan of the suicide type hinge and DF seems to be one of the few that have the traditional mount.
UPDATE:
Thanks to everyone for their insights.
Ended up going with the DragonFire half doors. (DF #07-1800)
Purchased them through KJ Motorsports and was very pleased with both the price ($730 - Cyber Monday price) and service.

If your looking for something to replace the silly nets that Polaris provides, the DF doors are a great option.
No, they will not be as dust proof as the equivalent Polaris Half door, but at half the price, I can deal with that. Besides, its a half door. If I wanted dust proof I would have went with the fulls.

The doors went on fairly easy and it probably took longer for me to remove the netting and other restraint hardware.
The fit of the doors is fairly good and with a bit more adjustment, will be great.

I was most impressed with the packing from DragonFire, Wow.
Foam Padding, inside of plastic, with foam reinforced corners, set inside box with additional Great Stuff style foam to fill voids, and then a heavy duty box.
The doors were in perfect condition.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
They look ok. I would like the color finish to match up better.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Man, looks good ledfoot, thats my next investment, but mines a crew , I guess that will be twice the price😁

·
Registered
674 Posts
Don't worry about the finish, once you use your ranger a little they will blend in just fine. Mine are scratched up just right, they do stick out a little the way they are designed. I have bumped a few trees but they held up okay.

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Don't worry about the finish, once you use your ranger a little they will blend in just fine. Mine are scratched up just right, they do stick out a little the way they are designed. I have bumped a few trees but they held up okay.

View attachment 130062
Love the Mud and agree, get enough scratches on them and they will blend right in.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts