PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought this unit in Dec of 2019. Traded a 2018 NorthStar in on it because of a striped clutch bolt on the engine crank shaft. I am 71 years old and need a dependable machine that won't leave me stranded. Anyway guys, with this 2020, I was on a spring water run 4 miles from camp and it threw the dreaded code and shut down. Called for help, got it towed in and took to the dealer ( 4 hour round trip ). Faulty fuel injector PTO side. Replaced it under warranty and it ran somewhat rough on idle but it ran on both cylinders. Six months later, BTW, the unit has low mileage and hours, I was brushing trails about 12 miles from camp and it quit again, same code, same fuel injector. Towed in and off to the dealer. Yesterday, same code but this time was in my driveway. Off to the dealer, left it there, the mechanic suspects the same injector. He will be getting with Polaris as to what to do, maybe a new ECU unit. Any suggestions? Needless to say, I am very disappointed in the reliability of the last two Polaris' that I have owned.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I've got no technical advice to offer, but I understand your frustration. My 2018 has been less than "reliable" and in and out of the shop several times for seemingly issues that should never be issues with only 3k miles. Nothing worse than having a machine, especially a new one, that you cannot depend on to get you home at the end of the day. Good luck.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Problem solved, sold the NorthStar and bought a Honda Pioneer 1000LE. Thanks for everything y'all. great site here and tons of awesome people.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts