PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hello PRC friends,
On Wednesday, two of my co-workers (friends) and I drove with a new Duramax and a 3-car hauler from AZ to Jones Off-Road in Oklahoma to pick up new machines for our families. We spent thousands of dollars less by purchasing these machines together in Oklahoma, compared to the best pricing we could get in AZ. My new ride is a 2020 Polaris Ranger Crew 1000 Premium that my family and I have affectionately named "Megatron". My wife and I have 4 kids, and this way we can all get out together. I was a big fan of the XP 900 Crew, and intended to get one until Polaris introduced the new and improved Ranger 1000 series for 2020. Having spent several months doing my research and getting my pennies together, I'm very excited to now have this machine parked in my garage. We are looking forward to making many memories as a family in Megatron. I will also be publishing an extensive video series of the ownership experience on the "Southwest ORV" YouTube channel. I'm looking forward to learning from you folks on the PRC, and contributing where I can.
Chris

Registered
Just a FYI, Zeus is the platform name from Polaris for the new 1000 XP.
Did not know that toxic21, seen on YouTube someone was building a 2 seaters and called it Goliath, mines a 4 seater, so was gonna call it Goliath 2.0 馃榿, but my wife called it Zues cause it will go threw anything and it stuck... Gets its name honest

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
Did not know that toxic21, seen on YouTube someone was building a 2 seaters and called it Goliath, mines a 4 seater, so was gonna call it Goliath 2.0 馃榿, but my wife called it Zues cause it will go threw anything and it stuck... Gets its name honest
Hoping to get mine to that point - unstuckable. ;)

Registered
Looks great ! Get the extended warranty !

Registered
My Machine has no lift, running 28x10x14 maxxis carnivores tires on
All 4 corners, MSA boxer41 wheels with 4+3 offset, no scrubbing issues at all, the 28 carnivores towered 3 inches over the 27 stocks

Registered
Discussion Starter #16
My Machine has no lift, running 28x10x14 maxxis carnivores tires on
All 4 corners, MSA boxer41 wheels with 4+3 offset, no scrubbing issues at all, the 28 carnivores towered 3 inches over the 27 stocks
Wow! Thank you for the info. Just at a glance I thought you had a lift and 30鈥檚. The 4+3 offset answers another question I had. I want to go up in tire size, but stay tucked in to the fenders for mud protection, as much as possible.

Registered
Discussion Starter #18
I love keeping a record of these moments - which to me are magical - like the first time I start up a new machine, and when I drive it for the very first time. Call me sentimental. :)

Registered
Discussion Starter #19
I had not checked the oil yet in our new Ranger Crew 1000 Premium ("Megatron"), so the other night I busted out the owners manual and read how to check the oil. Happy to report it was right where it should be. Here's the video I published for the channel...

Registered
Discussion Starter #20
I finally got out and played a little last night - taking it easy and following break-in guidelines. I'm loving this machine, folks. Can't wait to ride it more this weekend with the whole family.
IMG_2858.JPG
IMG_2862.JPG

1 - 20 of 53 Posts