PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
You will enjoy it! We are planning to get our crew out this weekend here in Idaho!
Thanks! We are heading out on our first family ride in about 1.5 hours from now. I installed the new roof last night - first accessory added to Megatron. What part of Idaho do you live in? I love it up there.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Thanks! We are heading out on our first family ride in about 1.5 hours from now. I installed the new roof last night - first accessory added to Megatron. What part of Idaho do you live in? I love it up there.
We live outside of Boise in the smaller town of Star. We love it here!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
About to head out. Enjoy your ride today!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gorgeous XP! Love the camo...nice pickup too. So question - those do not look like the stock wheels/tires. What wheels/tires do you have on yours, and in what size? Also, does yours have a small lift or is it stock height? To me your tires look like 27's or 28's.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Gorgeous XP! Love the camo...nice pickup too. So question - those do not look like the stock wheels/tires. What wheels/tires do you have on yours, and in what size? Also, does yours have a small lift or is it stock height? To me your tires look like 27's or 28's.
Thanks! It’s the stock tires and wheels for a backcountry. They are 27 inch tires and no lift.

·
Registered
248 Posts
We had a good time but it was cut short abruptly by a shock issue. At first I thought it broke the shaft going into the upper mount, but it looks like it unthreaded somehow or was never threaded in to start. I haven’t noticed anything with it until this ride.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
We had a good time but it was cut short abruptly by a shock issue. At first I thought it broke the shaft going into the upper mount, but it looks like it unthreaded somehow or was never threaded in to start. I haven’t noticed anything with it until this ride.

Oh dang! I’ll keep an eye on that with my machine. Hope you can get that repaired soon.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Oh dang! I’ll keep an eye on that with my machine. Hope you can get that repaired soon.
It was early enough in the day that was able to call the dealer. Their warranty person wasn’t in but they will call me Monday. At the end of the day, I was happy that’s all it was and it didn’t leave us stranded. We have always owned Polaris and they have never let us down. Something was bound to happen at some point.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
It was early enough in the day that was able to call the dealer. Their warranty person wasn’t in but they will call me Monday. At the end of the day, I was happy that’s all it was and it didn’t leave us stranded. We have always owned Polaris and they have never let us down. Something was bound to happen at some point.
Good point - rational response. I'd love to know what they say - if they cover it.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Like your roof video , you need to go ahead and build you a nice Safari rack to go on it now😁
Nice! Wow, I'm impressed with your machine! I see lots of LED lights...a nice rack on top, nice rack on the bed, gorgeous wheels and tires, awesome from bumper, and a windshield, and I'm sure there's more. What interests me most at this moment: please describe your wheels/tires/suspension. What size are the tires, offset of wheels, and does it have any lift?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Howdy friends!
Here is a video I put together from our first ride as a family, this past Saturday. I had my son hop out and take some video along the way - 38.5 miles. We had a great time! We LOVE the new 2020 Ranger Crew 1000 Premium - Polaris says they focused on comfort and it's there. I love the powertrain too - very smooth, quiet, and strong.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Howdy friends!
Here is a video I put together from our first ride as a family, this past Saturday. I had my son hop out and take some video along the way - 38.5 miles. We had a great time! We LOVE the new 2020 Ranger Crew 1000 Premium - Polaris says they focused on comfort and it's there. I love the powertrain too - very smooth, quiet, and strong.
Awesome!

·
Registered
364 Posts
Thanks for the compliments, I love customizeing on my machine,😁,, I run 28-10-14 maxxis carnivores on all 4 corners, rims are MSA boxer 41 with 4+3 offset, suspension completely stock,
I built my Safari rack and bed rack my self, and the winch on back is for loading biggame, but it's Stout enough to pull the machine too

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Thanks for the compliments, I love customizeing on my machine,😁,, I run 28-10-14 maxxis carnivores on all 4 corners, rims are MSA boxer 41 with 4+3 offset, suspension completely stock,
I built my Safari rack and bed rack my self, and the winch on back is for loading biggame, but it's Stout enough to pull the machine too
Thanks for all the info, it’s helpful. I was hoping those were 28’s, there’s a good chance that’s what I’ll end up with on mine, because I only have 4.5” clearance between roof and garage door opening/frame, but I intend to improve my ground clearance with a MMA 2.5” lift and bigger tires. I assume you’ve had no issues with rubbing, or clutching with your 28’s...

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
We had to cross the creek a few times on our way out to our destination. I cross this canyon on a regular basis - this time of year it has a little runoff. It was pretty deep on the second crossing! Came up over the hood! Megatron did fine.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts