PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I bought it , I was experiencing hard to shift, "walk forward 9r backward when I took my foot off the brake, frequently, I would have to shut the engine off just get it out of gear. Dealer had it 5 or 6 weeks total. I called customer service at polaris, several tines, they finally agreed to replace the clutch. It w9rked great the few times I took it out.(until recently, I traveled frequently) about a month ago, I took granddaughter our, and noted a different noise, did not think much of it. Last Friday, took it out with wife & 2 adult friends. Rode for about an 90 minutes, stopped had a break, when we started again heard several different noises, shook the entire vehicle, could not get it into high gear. After trying several times, got it into high & decided to go home. Took it to the dealer, they mentioned possible causes, linkage need adjustment, transmission stuck between high / low, and failed clutch again.... only has 1500 miles, not even 100 hours yet. If it is the clutch again, is there a better quality available ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Give Todd at Hunterworks an email or call. He’s the best when it comes to Polaris clutch issues.
When I bought it , I was experiencing hard to shift, "walk forward 9r backward when I took my foot off the brake, frequently, I would have to shut the engine off just get it out of gear. Dealer had it 5 or 6 weeks total. I called customer service at polaris, several tines, they finally agreed to replace the clutch. It w9rked great the few times I took it out.(until recently, I traveled frequently) about a month ago, I took granddaughter our, and noted a different noise, did not think much of it. Last Friday, took it out with wife & 2 adult friends. Rode for about an 90 minutes, stopped had a break, when we started again heard several different noises, shook the entire vehicle, could not get it into high gear. After trying several times, got it into high & decided to go home. Took it to the dealer, they mentioned possible causes, linkage need adjustment, transmission stuck between high / low, and failed clutch again.... only has 1500 miles, not even 100 hours yet. If it is the clutch again, is there a better quality available ?
I had the exact same issue with my 2019 1000 XP. Mine finally stopped moving all together.Itook the clutch cover off and the clutch was all the way off. The center bolt had backed out all the way. I put it back with some blue locktite. It work fine now.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
I am looking at resolving this issue also. Not sure on my direction yet.
What exact issues are you having? Year and miles on machine?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What exact issues are you having? Year and miles on machine?
23 months, 1500 miles, less than 100 hours. I am beyond frustrated, this was supposed to enhance my retirement years. Got in contact with a repair service in Mississippi, wrote back that polaris has had all kind of issues with post 2015 models, apparently that was the last year they used reliable clutches. Dealer has it for now, will see what they say. If they can't f8x it, I'll take 8t to an "aftermarket" repair shop in town

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Sorry for your frustration Don.

In my experience.. dealers aren't worth a squat after the sale.
And this new p90x has had some teething issues, but is by far the easiest to work on and repair.

One way bearing, plastic ebs cam and alignment are the only things that will cause your issues. Super simple to diagnose and repair and can be done in about an hour.

Reactions: BPS

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Do you have a compression tool to swap the secondary spring?
If not....just a length of threaded rod nuts and washers. And a T50 torx.

Reactions: Gerb4653

·
Registered
82 Posts
Sorry for your frustration Don.

In my experience.. dealers aren't worth a squat after the sale.
And this new p90x has had some teething issues, but is by far the easiest to work on and repair.

One way bearing, plastic ebs cam and alignment are the only things that will cause your issues. Super simple to diagnose and repair and can be done in about an hour.
The rollers in the spider will cause his issue also and they wear out very quickly. It causes the clutch to bind and not open all the way.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts