PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before I can get it to start I must shift in and out of park or neutral 5 or more times before it will acknowledge it is ready to be started. It just began doing this a few weeks ago and is getting worse. Does anyone have advise on this? Thanks

·
Registered
114 Posts
Before I can get it to start I must shift in and out of park or neutral 5 or more times before it will acknowledge it is ready to be started. It just began doing this a few weeks ago and is getting worse. Does anyone have advise on this? Thanks
I have a 22 NS Ultimate & it works fine. Contact your dealer.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
It sounds like the transmission selector switch is failing ?
Check the plug / wiring for the switch , try unplugging it , give the plug / switch a shot of contact cleaner .

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It sounds like the transmission selector switch is failing ?
Check the plug / wiring for the switch , try unplugging it , give the plug / switch a shot of contact cleaner .
That sounds like you are spot on what the problem is. I will give that a try. Thank you very much.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Any of the Polaris rangers will start in any gear, that being said try pushing the brakes extra hard. You could have a faulty brake pressure switch who’s is what actually allows the starter to turn
I have tried pushing the brake extra hard but that didn’t seem to help. Thank you

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Ranger will start in any gear. If your sure it's not the brake pressure switch. Which you can just run a jumper wire to check.

And moving the gear shifter is having some kind of effect? I'd be pulling the dash top and looking for wires that the shifter may be pulling on at the back of your ignition switch.

Reactions: pyromedic

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ok, Then I am out of ideas i guess. Sorry.
It would have been an easy fix I understand if it was the brake pressure switch.
That appears to be my problem.
I appreciate your thoughts. I took it to a dealer today and it took me many many tries before I could get it started. It was definitely getting worse. I am anxious to find out what is causing the problem. Thanks again

·
Registered
114 Posts
Not really. I have a 22 xp1k & starts with no issues. You may need to contact Polaris or your dealer.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Ranger will start in any gear. If your sure it's not the brake pressure switch. Which you can just run a jumper wire to check.

And moving the gear shifter is having some kind of effect? I'd be pulling the dash top and looking for wires that the shifter may be pulling on at the back of your ignition switch.
THIS. I have a 2021 XP1000 Northstar and it will start in any gear as long as I push on the brake

1 - 20 of 24 Posts