PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Before I can get it to start I must shift in and out of park or neutral 5 or more times before it will acknowledge it is ready to be started. It just began doing this a few weeks ago and is getting worse. Does anyone have advise on this? Thanks
My Ranger was doing something similar only sometimes it would die while in use. It turned out to
be the ignition switch. I found out by accident when my dog touched the key, it died. So, the trouble
with it starting then dying when I put it in gear was the slight jolt was just enough to break the
circuit in the ignition. Got a new switch off Amazon and replaced it. Has never done it since.
You can check yours by starting it, the jiggle the key a little. It shouldn't die.
Dano

·
Registered
127 Posts
Sorry, I miss read your statement. My problem was the switch. Yours sounds like something
totally different. Sorry.
Dano

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Sorry, I miss read your statement. My problem was the switch. Yours sounds like something
totally different. Sorry.
Dano
As I suggested earlier...I bet the shifter is tugging on some ignition wires or jarring it enough. What gear the machine is in should have no bearing on it firing.

We'll see whe he gets it back.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Dealer find the issue yet?

21 - 24 of 24 Posts