PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious on y'all's opinion. I bought my 2020 xp back in may. Hearing of the new upgraded components, front diff, stronger a arms, and upgraded clutch kinda frustrates me considering I just purchased mine thinking it's 2020 they had it all figured out by now. I called dealer to price trade in and of course it's below what I expected. Do the new components really make that big of a difference. Reading polaris's website makes me think my components are weak and sub par.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Nature of the beast. Many 2020 and older versions out there without issues. While the 2021 have upgrades, that doesn’t mean they will be perfect.

·
Registered
39 Posts
That happens with a lot of big ticket items. Take a new car or truck for example. Best to buy what you want at the time and try not to look back. They are always happy to talk you into an upgrade, will be the same in 2022.

·
Super Moderator
6,850 Posts
The new models have not been out long enough to gauge the “improvements”.
And although the new models are nice with the added comforts and accessories. If you want a solid unit the 2006-2008 (2009 as well) XP’s are probably some of the best, minus a couple of electrical issues.

The new models will have their issues as well.

Also, before you jump ship on the Ranger, you may want to give the General another year before you pull the trigger.
The Ranger has been getting way more love from Polaris than the G.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
And although the new models are nice with the added comforts and accessories. If you want a solid unit the 2006-2008 (2009 as well) XP’s are probably some of the best, minus a couple of electrical issues.

Also, before you jump ship on the Ranger, you may want to give the General another year before you pull the trigger.
Give me a 3 seat General and im all in!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Yea very true. It be nice if they made a 3 seat general. My 20 has given me no issues. Even going through some tough trails at windrock

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would love to have a conversation with the people who design these machines. To me a 3 seat general is a no brainier but hell what do I know. Do you guys know how they made the suspension 50% stronger on the 2021s?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Does anyone know the differences between the 2020 back country and the 2021 Trail boss? I thought the 2020 back country has some of the improvements the 2021 came out with. Thanks for any help

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
I would love to have a conversation with the people who design these machines. To me a 3 seat general is a no brainier but hell what do I know. Do you guys know how they made the suspension 50% stronger on the 2021s?
If you want your suspension stronger, go this route. Mind you, I run portals and need a beefed up suspension. Just bent a stock a arm on some unexpected air time. Not a pretty sight and came down nose heavy.The only thing i didn't beef up was my a arms and these super atv arms are much beefier. 1.5" forward and 1.5" to the rear will add more stability also. Add there frame stiffener and you'll be stronger than the new ones for just under $900. Cheaper than a trad in for sure.

·
Registered
Now a 2020 Northstar!
161 Posts
I just noticed, the 2021 XP1000 with 29" tires claims 10" of travel. The 2020 XP1000 claims 11" of travel.
Reduced travel so the bigger tires don't hit? Hmmm... I would always take more travel than tire size.
More travel, then up the tire diameter with a small lift assisting clearance.
IMO not a forward move, reducing wheel travel.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts